More Proof of Atlanta Thugness

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by flix, Jul 26, 2002.

1. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    from WUSA site

Facts & Favs: Why I Got Red-carded
    By Karyn Lush

* Because I received two yellow cards for fouls! (They weren’t fouls.) -- Kylie Bivens, Atlanta Beat

* Yes of course, the referee didn’t want me to score anymore goals. -- Charmaine Hooper, Atlanta Beat

* A girl kicked me from behind and I turned and hit her. -- Nikki Serlenga, Atlanta Beat

2. piper

piper New Member

WAR THUGS! :D

3. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    At least no one claims to have decked a referee! :D

4. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    after tonights game... we're dainty little misses compared to Carolina.

5. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Carolina were indeed thugs tonight. Printz is the Queen of Thugs. Nice to see her get her comeuppance. Gee, you think the crowd hated her or something?

WAR BEAT!!!

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Not to rain on anyone's parade...

BUT...

If things were reveresed you can bet your sunburned asses that we'd be asking for (insert name of player that laid the smackdown) head on a stick.

If it was Prinz shoving Nonen into the signage......y'all can figure out the rest.

:D

7. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    soccer is a contact sport

Hello,

soccer is a contact sport. I believe the Thug label still belongs to Atlanta, if they used their talent a little more, they might actually win the games they are supposed to. Tom Stone is an @$&. He proved that in pre-season and continues to do so.

The officiating sucked royally.

As far as y'all not liking Birgit, you got lucky she was off her game last night, or you would once again be griping about your losing streak against the Courage. The better team did not win last night.

Go Courage, all the way to Founder's Cup II

K~

8. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Stone has been brilliant for two seasons. I was astonished that he took Parlow out at the half, but Burt was terrific. Nice exposition of sour grapes, Oddball.

9. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    Sour Grapes my @$&

I was in Richmond, and have heard about Mr. (and I use that loosely) Stone's behavior and attitude at the combine. As well as his comments at the combine. He is an arrogant jerk, (mind you I am censoring myself).

Not sour grapes, just the truth, and you know what they say about the truth. The Courage still owns the Beat, and will continue to own the Beat.

10. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    Re: Sour Grapes my @$&

BWAHAHAHA! Coach Tom may be an a$$, but he is our A$$, and he stands up for his players and you bet we will stand up for him. It was Marcia getting her dander up last night.

You think last nights refs sucked, I say it was the first match this year with Carolina that it was actually called fairly. It all depends what side of the pitch you are sitting on.

The truth is...it is sour grapes and frustrations -- welcome to BEATland. :D

11. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Re: Sour Grapes my @$&

But Sharolta owns Prinz.
    :D

12. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Re: Re: Sour Grapes my @$&

Two reasons I love Coach Stone.

1. He sticks up for his players. As a former player and a coach who sticks up for his own players, I love to see that in a coach.

2. Stone also makes a point to thank the fans. We are a pretty boisterous bunch behind him and the bench during the match.

WAR STONE!!!
    WAR BEAT!!!

13. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    Re: Re: Re: Sour Grapes my @$&

Marcia does the same thing. You like your coach I like ours. Marcia also stands up for her players. I am not going to get into a running debate with anyone about Tom Stone. IMNSHO, I have a strong dislike for the man. Oh well, so you beat us, who cares.

14. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You brought Coach Tom up and we are quite happy that Coach Tom and the team beat the 2nd place team. :D

I have had many convosations w/ Coach Tom, he is a really cool guy. I love our ass!! Him and Kelly annouced our state championship game last year and I was helping out so I got to talk with him alot! Oh and during the fourth of july parade last year when it was pouring buckets of rain he bought the whole team and all of us (about 40) dry t-shirts although he was the only one wearing it. Our whole coaching staff is awesome!