more padded vapors?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by rgrayson, Nov 25, 2004.

1. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Did nike ever make a more padded version of the vapor? Sure this would make it heavier but the design is so simple and clean I dont see why its only built around being lightweight.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not that i know of. But like you said it would be pretty much a waist of time because the whole point of the vapor is that they are a light weight boot. They are meant for attacking players even if defenders do wear them. So as far as i know they have only ever brought out the light weight design boots.

appleCORR

3. Andraay

Andraay New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Glasgow
    If you add more padding, Vapors would just be reverted to the Nike Match Mercurials, which was the first decent boots I got.

4. cazdaspaz

cazdaspaz New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Yup, but I wouldn't mind a defenders vapor. That'd be pretty good, and they'd have a wider audience too. (Maybe.) :)

5. DSRW7

DSRW7 Member

Sep 27, 2004
    SO'TON, INGLATERRA
    Vapors for defenders? Ha! This is obsurd! Stick to the World Cups, Tiempo and Puma King type models. Flashy boots for a defender was never meant to be. Simple as.

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think defenders can wear vapors if they want too. But i dont think they should re-design the boot with defenders in mind. The boots is an attackers boots. Defenders just have to live with that and not wear the gold ones - lol

JOKE!!

appleCORR

7. Van der Meyde

Van der Meyde New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah like the others said, the actual idea of the Mercurial is to be very lightweight and easy to run with, adding padding with just make them heavier which isnt their idea :)

Today I got the new Black Vapor 2's very very nice :p

Oh and defenders wearin mercs, I laugh when I see it because it's kinda sayin that they dont mind to attack and run with the ball. Mexes wears Gold vapors! So too does Seitaridis of Porto. It's real funny, up to them though, they ARE sponsored and probably wouldnt suit air zooms. I did once see a pic of Mexes wearin a special white Mercurial, with a blue trim, very nice.

8. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    just in case some people didnt get what I was saying... the DESIGN of the vapour is so simple why not make a more padded version since it is very clear the blisters come from lack of padding.

9. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Think about it...

Defenders have to 'shadow' the attackers and do pretty much the exact same movements as a striker. They have to have an explosive sprint to catch the strikers...they have to be able to cut quickly...they have to do a whole bunch of the same things strikers do...so doesn't it seem somewhat practical??

10. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, my brother had a pair of vapors and the blisters he got were ridiculous, how much heavier would the boot get if they had proper padding? My guess is about .2 ounces :p.

11. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    yes, they added more padding around the ankle for the winter model in 02. imo they have enough cushioning, but my heel kept rubbing against the heel counter so i let them go. if you look at the other high-end boots nike has to offer, they use the same technologies in their insoles. i'm guessing its the design and materials in the sole plate that make it feel firm.