More on Niziolek

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by POdinCowtown, Apr 22, 2007.

1. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
  2. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    Once again, hIves makes a big deal over something that isn't. This is not the first time a player whose rights were held by another team has trained/played for another team's reserves.

I can't stand these NY writers and fans. They pay no attention to what is happening with other teams and how they are dealing with MLS rules. Then, when the same thing happens to them, they cry, "MLS rules are stupid!"

Does Ives get paid by the amount of ignorance contained in his writings?

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure why Ives is so shocked. This has been the situation for a LOOOOONG time. Basically, trialists are allowed to play in reserve matches, and if a player is not under contract he's allowed to trial with other MLS matches. If Team B decides that they wish to sign the player, they have to trade for his rights from Team A.

I'm fairly certain this has happened with players selected in the Supplemental Draft rounds in the past. It's in Team A's interest to allow surplus players to trial at other squads, plus it builds goodwill when you treat players well.

4. gyr0

gyr0 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    NYC
    True, this kid jumped ship for NYRB, but can you blame him? According to to Ives, the crew offered him a 13 grand developmental contract to pack up and move to Columbus. Not really rolling out the red carpet.

By continuing to hold his rights, your team has left him in indefinite limbo-- which is fair to neither party. Given the fact that our management obviously feels differently, I hope Sigi can cut his losses and let the kid move on.

5. LarryB

LarryB Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Here we go again. Big bad crew... thx for coming over. Move along now. :rolleyes:

6. Tycon5

Tycon5 Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, what is NYRB going to offer this chump? I'll take a stab at the answer, a 13 grand developmental contract.

7. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this Nizolek thread makes it to 50 posts I run around Crew stadium naked on Tuesday.

8. calderone01

calderone01 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Pickerington, OH
    Lock it, please. For the sake of all.:eek:

9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but it's a much kinder, gentler 13k than the mean nasty heartless 13k the Crew offered

10. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear it's sh!t doesn't smell half bad either.

11. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now, if we can get him to lay out Kyle Martino it might just be worth it.

12. coachchris

coachchris Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Galloway, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah,'cause everybody knows $13K goes a lot farther in NYC than in Columbus, OH.

/sarc:rolleyes:

13. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I made 13K at my summer job I would be happy. It's not really bad for a college kid when they spent the last four years living precariously close to over withdrawl with 20 bucks in the bank account.

Come on the kid just wants to live with his parents and any recent college grad should have that right!! Nizolek would never make it on Hejduk's couch anyways.

So here's the deal we will give them Nizolek in return for a free supply of Red Bull for my trips too and froo CCS. I think that would be a even deal and summarizes the worth of Teddy Nizolek. I mean I basically represent the Pennsylvania Crew Supporters. Crew FO has to keep me happy and awake on the roadways somehow.

I'm just throwing light at the stituation because really who gives a damn about Nizolek! Seriously let's just give the kid up so he can go live in Ives bed. I'm sick of hearing that guy talk on his fat, smelly, and sweaty blog about Crew atrocities.

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Why do I think this is REALLY about Szetela?

15. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1 Insightful

16. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    15 posts and counting.... oops, 16.

Dead horse, thy name is Niziolek.

17. 41shots

41shots Member

May 3, 2001
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    13K is about how much Szetela has been worth to The Crew.

18. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't come up with a solid argument to debate you on that, but I don't think you can come up with one that says Teddy Niziolek has the same trade value as Danny Szetela.

19. TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Vote Kodos in '08!!

Jun 29, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    [​IMG]

20. CLG431

CLG431 Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think what was said earlier about this not being the first time a player drafted by one team has played for the reserves of another is partially true. I think what changes the whole situation is that the Crew offerd the guy a contract, which was probably not the case regarding whomever else may have done something like this.

21. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yeah, Miglioranzi trialed here before signing with us. His MLS rights were held by the Galaxy but they had released him and let him try to find another job. Same thing with Kotschau whose rights are technically held by Toronto.

In the case of Niziolek, the Crew have an open developmental slot and offered him a contract yet he is playing elsewhere within MLS.

22. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're not being an effective NY journo if you aren't making a controversy out of nothing. It's their stock and trade, it's woven into their very being to create ridiculous propaganda and rhetoric.