More Kornheiser Magic!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by jeffresistor, Nov 18, 2004.

1. vivaelbolivar

vivaelbolivar New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    RFK & EL MADRIGAL
    kornheiser is an ************** enough said

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this one. I really do. It makes me laugh, because there are two groups of people who really want soccer to fail in this country. One is the anti-soccer folks in this country who claim things like that it's un-American, or spew vitriol about it for other reasons (cf. Kornheiser, T.). And the other group are people in other countries who don't like the U.S. and want to see us suck at soccer. It's something the folks who shout "soccer is un-American" should consider: their greatest allies are foreigners who absolutely loathe the U.S.

3. Two Beasleys

Two Beasleys BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 30, 2003
    Washington. DC
    Bottom Line: That B!tch can't touch our trophy!

4. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could be the source.

5. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Tony Kornheiser writes about things that he thinks are interesting and will get a reaction. He's the nationally-televised, nationally syndicated message board troll. He a pro at it. Giving him responses will let him know that it's working.

I'll let you in on a little secret - Tony doesn't hate soccer. He just uses it as fodder for his columns.

6. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland

I know its hard to not get stirred up but just some of the comments he says makes you want to knock his block off.He made a comment on his show wednesday that he could do a book signing in a basement of a crack house and still draw more than 500 people just makes you sick and disgusted.

7. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    In Kornhole's defense, he was probably speaking from experience. :D

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he hates it. I don't think he likes it either. I think he just doesn't care. Which is fine; not everyone has to care. I know he's just trolling, figuring it riles up one segment of the audience (good, from his POV) and gratifies another segment (also good, from his POV). And when he does this schtick on sports talk radio, I find it a lot easier to ignore.

I find it harder to ignore when he writes it in the Post. To me, it reeks of tabloidism, or Crossfire, or whatever. The "newspaper of record" ought to be above this kinda crap. So I'm not so much upset with him as upset with editors who think stuff like this is a good idea.

9. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I think we need to invite Tony to the Barra Brava "goat" night cookout, and cook the old-goat.

10. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS did market Freddy Adu as the 2nd coming.

500 is a small number of people @ a championship event.

Soccer fans are too sensitive & like to think they are smarter than everyone else.

What did Mr. Tony say that was wrong?

11. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland

Darth you are right I gave up arguing with people about soccer United is my own obsession as well.But one thing i notice my love for United keeps them curoius for the sport.When we one the title they were the first ones in my face.You should have seen the Redskin fan when I showed them my orange prizefrom the last home game i said wouldnt any redskin fan love to have this..

12. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Yeah, MLS did. United's ads focused on the whole team. Kornhole is taking shots at DCU for MLS's marketing "mistakes". That's not fair, and it's not right. Rail on Don Garber, but leave Coach Nowak alone. There's no way in hell he would say "fire Joe Gibbs" if he were placed in a similar situation. The fact that he's still griping like DCU's gonna be crap without starting Adu AFTER we just won our 4th title is petty and stupid.

Tuesday night, horrible traffic, slapdash planning...take your pick. Still, I had a damn good time, and just about everyone else did too. Since when has any other team in DC had the opportunity to hold such an event, and would they even do such a thing? Highly doubtful.

That's because we are smarter than everyone else. Don't let Mejido's posts fool you.

He opened his mouth to speak on something he knows absolutely nothing about. There is no substance in what he says; it's just ignorant, anti-soccer vitriol because it's the thing to do for red-blooded all-American sportswriters and TV hosts so they can keep the pointyball-addled masses paying attention to them. Saying he could outdraw our rally at a crackhouse booksigning is hackneyed (how many more crack jokes can DC take?) and not the least bit funny if you have half a brain. I would love to just rail on this
    fu¢ker and take him to task for his willful ignorance and insults, but it would never work. As I said before, too many people respond positively to him for any of us to make an impact. I'd love to just storm in on a shooting of PTI, tie him to a chair, put a ball-gag on him and rip into him about just how much of an ass he truly is...but that's just a pipe dream. Just because he has column inches and airtime does not amke anything he says automatically right or true. For someone supposedly all about local sports (even though he's from NY), he takes a lot of unnecessary shots at the local teams, and DCU is his prime target. We're all goddamned sick of it.

13. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    hahahaha, nice! And the good thing about it was that our final game pre-baseball was a hell of a lot better than their last game in RFK.

14. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    For a true description of Kornheiser see "rectum" in the dictionary.

Mark

15. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I agree with Darth, he said it right, don't go yelling at Tony, otherwise he gets a raise.

You like your team? That's all you should want.

And an argument that I have come up with when people try and bash Soccer in the USA as follows;

The same weak minded Americans who don't like Soccer are the same who don't like Hockey or Basketball.
    Why?
    Because unlike Football and Baseball you can't cheat in these sports with performance enhancing drugs.

Yes that's right, how pitiful is it that the only nation that really plays and loves American Football and Baseball has to cheat at their own game?

That's how everybody who has a brain looks at American sports, they cheat themselves, and that's why Pres. Bush talked about steroids in one of his speeches last year.

16. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Since when can't you cheat in basketball, hockey or soccer with performance enhancers? You don't think Kobe Bryant would like to jump higher? You don't think Jeremy Roenick would like to be even stronger in the corners? You don't think Alecko Eskandarian would like to run faster?

There are drugs that do more than just add muscle mass, you know. ALL these sports have banned substance lists.

17. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Hey don't get agitated, but strength in hockey won't help, you need your balance, when was the last time we heard something concerning performance enhancing drugs in the other 3 sports? Not recently.

P.S. Bryant wouldn't want to jump higher, he would like to grow more though.
    And Esky already has some . . . tenacious qualities.
    Roenick would probably take some pain relievers over anything else, did you see how much blood that guy lost in one game when the puck smacked him in the face? Where was Red Cross?

18. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    I guess those weight rooms in NHL clubhouses are just for decoration.

There have been at least 20 drug suspensions in the NBA in the last few years. They never publicize what the drug in question was, but I guarantee you they weren't all for marijuana.

19. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right on! Don't waste your time writing him or his editors. Ignore him.

20. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. That's some really good work there.

21. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL!!

Way to stick up for your fellow DCU fans!
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you like to take it in the ass from Tony or something??

I'm sorry guys. I know I'm not a DCU fan nor do I live in the area but this had to be said.

22. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is undeniable. But that isn't DC United's fault.

Bullsh!t.

That event was held at RFK during evening rush hour on a freakin' Tuesday! Oh, and we had about 48 hours advance notice that it was going to happen at all.

Me, I think it's tremendous that 500 people showed up. That's a shitload of folks, given the difficulties I've already mentioned.

For what it's worth, I don't really give a ******** about our buddy the Kornholer. If he gets his jollies picking on soccer, fine. Have a party. What I won't do is give him the satisfaction of replying to his stupidity.

I have a strict policy of starving attention whores of the attention they crave.

23. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starve a whore, feed a troll.

No it didn't. I bet you're a Bush supporter.

Look, PSU is perfectly entitled to his opinion and he's also perfectly entitled to express it. It doesn't diminish his fan cred or anything stupid like that.

We don't have to agree with him - in fact I don't - but none of us has the right to question his fandom.

So, little troll, please bugger on back to the Crapids forum where you belong.

24. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My cubicle is cluttered with United stuff. I have pictures post Eastern Championship and MLS Cup hanging on the outside of the cube. I don't preach, but if I people ask, I respond enthusiastically.

25. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Starve a whore, feed a troll.

Boy you're a sharp one! Denver county went Kerry you retard.

Guess what, I'm entitled to my opinion too! Surprise Surprise!! :rolleyes:

Maybe that's how YOU feel, but as far as I'm concerned he made a distinct effort to diss his fellow DCU fans. No one else who said that they should ignore TK dissed their fellow fans for not agreeing with what he had to say, only he did.

LOL. I'd step on you with my boot and not even notice! Try again!

The vast majority of DCU fans I've met on these boards have all been pretty class, but there always are ugly-ass stepchilds in the bunch...