more computer problems.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by fidlerre, Oct 4, 2003.

1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    okay so here with go with another problem...

last night i decided to update my windows XP, i have automatic update but i was disconnected from the net for a few weeks and decided to check. i went to the microsoft website and downloaded service pack one for xp, which was a recomended and needed download. once it downloaded the computer shut-down and restarted, but it never came back.

the computer goes through the bios phase, then the nifty little "windows xp" logo with the little "i'm working" green bar at the bottom. once that page disappears, about 5 seconds later...bamm, the damn thing reboots itself. usually the next thing would be the "welcome" page...but that never happens and it starts all over again, only to have it reboot at the same point.

any ideas on what the hell is going on? i am seriously computer stupid when it comes to this kinda stuff and figure i will probably just take it to a local computer fella i know, but i thought i would toss this out and see if anyone has any ideas.

2. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Reboot in safemode and see what happens.

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    There was an article about that issue somehwre but I forget where. try searching for it at support.microsoft.com

and if need be do a system restore.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I just find you, this is great....lots of interesting stuff

problem: very often and some how I have to go to tools/internet connections then CHECK 'always dial my default connection'
    in order to dial up and get online, what changes that Check not to dial up? It just happens and is very annoying