Moore missed practice and lost captaincy

Discussion in 'Aussies Abroad' started by Cloudkicker09, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  2. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
    C'mon Craig. You are the captain .... or were the captain....

re: footage... seven video streaming will prob have something.
    http://au.sports.yahoo.com/

3. pepsi

pepsi Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    It gets worse :

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,20529319-23215,00.html

I wouldn't be surprised if thats entirely true, the FFA seem to be hell bent on ruining any progress the Socceroos made by getting to the WC, by screwing up, i mean they don't even seem to want to find a proper coach (sorry Arnold, but you aren't up to it)

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  5. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rumor has it that the FFA are looking for a big European coach right now, Arnie only has three games left as head coach for the Socceroos, and did I mention that they have NOT and will NOT renew/ed his contract. Arnie has made several comments about simply wanting to be apart of Socceroo squad, even if that means as assistant coach.

I have a feeling and am praying to G-d that we get someone real good-real fast....OR/AND that russia loses to my beloved Israel, therefore causing russia not to qualify for Euro2008. Guus gets fired and comes back to Australia, b/c several newsreports say that he not only is facing obstacles and problems from the russian federation, which is making his experiance rather unpleasent. I have heard several reports that he is looking for a way out of his contract-early. Another thing I have heard is that he is calling Arnie once a week to check on the roos. Isn't that great he misses us, Socceroos, now if we could get him back everything would fix itself. B/c This would not have happened if Guus were here. Moore would never have pulled this s--- with Guus.

IN GUUS WE TRUUST- PLEASE COME BACK GUUS!!!!

6. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
    Discipline was needed. His actions seem a little b grade. "Best interests of the team" was his reason for returning to Newcastle. What about saying thank you to the Aus local crowd? What about the bad press this is going to create? What about his team mates?

Not happy Jan!

7. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Bit harsh on Moore.... he missed one day and he get's dropped?? Bad move that will only create friction in the camp.

8. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This whole incident just proved that Arnie cannot do this job and they need to find a European Coach and fast.

Moore has left Australia in disgrace, literally he flew out of Sydney this morning disgraced. The whole team is pissed off-at Arnie, and the FFA for making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Thanks alot Arnie, and FFA you ruined everything :mad:

ps any news on Tim Cahill

9. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bullshit. He deserves to get left out for doing what he did. If he did it whilst Guus was in charge then he would have copped a lot worse. You seem to want to return to the bad old days of players doing as they wanted, playing when they wanted and spitting dummies when they didn't get their way. Craig Moore arrived in Australia on Monday. If he couldn't get to a team session on Wednesday then its his own fault. There needs to be a basic level of discipline regardless of who is the coach.

10. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
    Next time I need 14 tequilla slammers I'll just ask for a "sleeping pill"

11. Akumastarr

Akumastarr New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thing that makes it bigger is these aren't any old games, these are the games the fans have the opportunities to say thank you to the socceroos. I just don't really see why he would no show to a couple of games where he'll be cheered at like buggery.

12. Bruzza

Bruzza New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Your backyard
    This is absolute rubbish that Graham Arnold and The FFA are getting blamed for a typical Craig Moore action...
    Who can remember last year, when Craig was playing for Borrusia Modengladbach in Germany, and he was sacked because he turned upto training supposedly half pissed and reeking of booze.
    Two times in one year... now thats a little bit odd isnt it.
    Now its alright for a proffesional player to love his booze, but in doing so you have to be 'proffesional' about it, and obviously Craig Moore was not.

13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  14. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I wonder if Vinnie is the VC now?

15. Akumastarr

Akumastarr New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Schwarzer should have been captain...

16. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think that it should have been Aliosi (sp?) another reason that Neil is given the arm band is b/c he is the only one supporting Arnie to keep his job:mad:

Conspiracy?

Everyone else is saying on the Socceroos says that Arnie should be replaced with a well known European coach, but Neil is supporting Arnie, very stupid.
    Did I mention that Arnie is saying that the FFA should base the coaching decision NOT on what the players are saying but only on his performance.

Come Aussies, I am in the US, yet I am doing all of the work here;) this is supposed to the Socceroos homecoming, I want to see parades, awards, the showering of gifts and flowers to our world cup heros...so when does that start.

17. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Neill (along with Grella) has been in the frame for a long time as the next Australian captain. I don't think this is a conspiracy at all.

Aloisi is too old to be the next captain... it's uncertain how long he'll be around for.

18. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ok is it was about passing the torch until Viduka gets back, then I would have choosen Tim Cahill.

19. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I know your thinking about the short term, but his is why timmy is not captain material in the long run.
    Timmy Cahill is not captain material. He's not disiplined enough, making him captain would allow him to chat with referees during the game. Knowing his temper, he would get lots of yellows for backchatting. He might be inspirational in terms of his on ability, but i can't see him getting the best out of other players when there down, or in need of a leader type person to encourage them.