Monterrey's defense

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by MurderCityDevil, Dec 20, 2005.

1. MurderCityDevil

MurderCityDevil New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Arizona/SLRC
    Piojo is furious, understandbly. They were a better team than Toluca except in one respect. The defense for Monterrey let them down I think. Martinez was also kind of shaky.

I remember vividly that Guille saved Mty against Tigres because they were a man down due to Serafin and his dumb ass mistake on defense. They gave up a 2 goal advantage in Toluca. Serafin again messes up and kicks Vicente, I mean, not to justify Ponchinello's lack of judgement, but that's a dumb play.

In my opinion, if they can get a reasonable center back to replace Serafin they should be golden. Too bad they let Ismael Rodriguez get away.

2. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I finally got a really good look at Baloy during this Liguilla. And he's not as good as I thought.

3. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
    What a dirty ass player. He deserved to be thrown out of the game.

4. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He is a dirty mofo, Abundis no iba a dejarle pasar su mamadas, me gustó cuando le metio un madrazo y lo mando al piso.

5. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is an interesting thread, thanks MCD. I think that Monterrey was struck by the red cards, that really weren't THAT unfair. However, it was very noticeable that Chiquis-triquis was provoking and pressuring the players, while leaving Toluca carry on with their dirty tactics: a little foul here and there, insults, etc. This affected Monterrey and they collapsed in the last minutes, when they oly neded 1 goal.

Remember the 2003 Tigres - Pachuca? Tigres needed a 2-0 to tie the aggregate. They lost Sancho, Rergis and Irenio, and won the game 1-0 with a late goal by Kleber, or Silvera. Different circumstances, yes, but the game was still won, 8 vs. 11.