Monday Morning Hangover and a working stiff checking in!

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by mikebob, Nov 22, 2010.

1. mikebob

mikebob Member

Feb 21, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Wow, how can I (we) even work today??? Very little sleep last night and a wicked hangover from partying... UGH!

Anyway, good luck to the rest of you working stiffs in Colorado today! Not a lot going to get done today :)

I'm proudly wearing the jersey today! Maybe all week if I can get away with it!! The pain today is so worth it... who was it that said it "hurts so good?!?!"

So, how are the rest of you all fairing? Hang in there and show your pride! The weekend is only 4.5 days away (and sooner for those that get Thursday/Friday off)!

Mike

2. Rorysm

Rorysm New Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Hidden in a Cave
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teacher here, thank god I only have to work today and tommorow!

Now to figure out what championship gear I'm going to buy....

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just bought the t-shirt, scarf, beanie, and game program from the MLS website!

I would have bought the ball cap but its all white, which isn't a color I associate with the Rapids.

4. mikebob

mikebob Member

Feb 21, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    I ordered the T-shirt (one for me and one for my daughter), scarf and hat. The white of the hat is not ideal, but it's just been too long coming (I can't wear a beanie, I just can't :D)... I'm going all in!

Not only that, but I have my Easter Conference Championship shirt on its way too. Can't wait to get it, it's just too funny!

Mike

5. mikebob

mikebob Member

Feb 21, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Oh, a funny thing at work... our CPA said congrats on the World Championship!! HA, HA, HA!!! I laughed and corrected him :D

6. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just ordered a scarf, since I lost two at the game last week. (One stolen off my neck, the other lost in the celebration)

And it looks great too!

7. Rorysm

Rorysm New Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Hidden in a Cave
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Altitude Authentics is listing a black trophy t-shirt... hmph. Also, does MLS gear charge more for shipping (AA charges a flat rate, correct?)

Oh, and 7MLS1231 is the code for free shipping on mlsgear orders over $75

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, wish I had known that before placing my order.

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comparing the pricers between Altitude Authentics and MLSSoccer.com, looks like AA is putting an additional couple of dollars onto the price of most things.

10. Rorysm

Rorysm New Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Hidden in a Cave
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figure they have some deal with the MLS where they keep the extra dollars. I've noticed that eurosport, worldsoccershop and other online retailers almost always have exactly the same things so I wonder if it all isn't something pre-setup and then the different pages can slap their webpage around it more or less. MLSgear does have exclusives usually and I've seen some things over at AA that either were exclusive or no longer availible at MLS. That said, I did order a wooden rapids sign a couple weeks ago that was 4 or 5 bucks cheaper then at MLSgear.

Now if I could only figure out what I'm going to add to my cart (t-shirt plus scarf) to get to 75$ and free shipping at MLSgear.

11. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids said they are trying to get gear into Altitude Authentics as soon as Tuesday!

12. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ball cap, knit hats, and t-shirts are in the Pepsi Center store. They have another crate of merchandise at their off-site warehouse that hey think are the scarves but they don't have confirmation yet, they're trying to get that merchandise to the store ASAP.

However, Altitude's prices are marked up from MLSSoccer.com as you would expect The $18 t-shirt on-lineis $22 at the Pepsi Center. I'll still with my order and get the stuff in a few weeks. I pay shipping but its only $10 for my full order.

13. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Don't season ticket holders get like 90% discount? Or maybe I'm misremembering that ;)

14. mikebob

mikebob Member

Feb 21, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    I'm sticking with my MLSSoccer.com order as well. I wavered briefly, but the price difference was enough to keep me with my original order. I can wait, the price of immediate gratification is too much.

I did get my Easter Conference T-shirt yesterday. I'm going to laugh every time I see it for years to come... I can't help it, it's just too funny these conference things :D

Mike

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from the Pepsi Center. They've got scarves, t-shirts (long and short sleeves), ball caps, knit hats/beanies, and hoodies. They do give full season ticket holders their 20% off, though they had to dig around to find out how to apply it. That makes the prices the same or cheaper than MLSoccer.com.

16. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHHHHAAAAAATTTTT? lol

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW at the Pepsi Center they had Eastern Conference champion t-shirts, but unlike the ones I saw on-line and at the stadium that night, these were light blue with burgundy graphics.

18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Did you explain to him how the Rapids can eventually win that title?

19. mikebob

mikebob Member

Feb 21, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    No, his eyes began to glaze over as soon as I began explaining what the MLS Cup is and I didn't want to push my luck!

These things must be done in stages :)

20. mikebob

mikebob Member

Feb 21, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Told you I was out of it :D

21. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Can now also has black champions t-shirts, wood and plastic signs (approx 11" x 14"), bumper stickers, window stickers, key chains, pennants, and magnets.

22. RapidRush

RapidRush Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Caldwell
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So where else online can you get stuff? I only see one baseball cap style hat that is white. White is a recipe for disaster. I live in Idaho so going to Denver for a $20 hat isn't feasable.

23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSsoccer.com has had everything I saw at The Can. The only ballcap I saw was white, which sucks, so I went with the black knit cap.

24. RapidRush

RapidRush Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Caldwell
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THanks. Yeah not a big fan of white. I may get a binni (sp?) but prefer a cap as they can be worn during all seasons, instead of just winter.

Is the shirt selection better in the stores or are they the same as online. Not that the others are bad, just wondering if they came out with anything different yet? I'm assuming they will over time.

25. hibbie

hibbie New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to Dick's Sporting Goods (the store). They had shirts, hats, scarves, pretty much everything clothing related. Plus it was black Friday so I got better prices than anything online or in the store.

I put my order for the other stuff (sign, stickers, pennant, game program) through Bigsoccer. They were offering 10% off everything on Black Friday.