Monaco vs Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ULL NEVER WALK ALONE, Nov 19, 2004.

1. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    we can also go through with a 1-0 and a draw in the monaco match and depo

we would advance on goal difference. we're both tied 1-1 on goal diff

but we would be up 2-1.

2. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah,but this year the goal diference doesnt realy count!if 2 teams are equal in points,they see the aggragate between the 2 teams and if they are the same,they see the goal.dif

3. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    we're up 2-1 aggregate.

remember we beat them 2-0 at Anfield (Baros, Cisse)

4. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah,but atleast were clear that liverpool HAVE to win to get to the 2nd stage,right???MOnaco didnt deserve to win,but thats football!!!its mostly about skill and the running of the team as a whole,but luck is also a very big factor in football!!!

5. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hope you dont mind, I edited your quote. :rolleyes:

6. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just back after watching the game at my local. We never, repeat never, looked like scoring a goal. Lots of bad luck -- losing Garcia really cut down the options to support Mellor. Mellor did OK as a target but really never had any support. Biscan and Didi did nothing to hold the midfield for us. Monaco hoofed long balls forward while we tried to play football. Saviola and Nonda gave us trouble up front with out any help. With LFC having only a single striker they won every ball and went back on the attack. We were pretty much crap all over the pitch except for JC, Sami, and Kirkland.

The goal was beyond any doubt preceeded by a hand ball, but the only thing we'd have deserved was a draw at nil-nil.

Mellor must have bent over for the right person to get his start -- perhaps he should pass the K-Y to Pongolle because there is no reason why Harry Kewell should ever see the pitch in an LFC shirt again. Every time he touched the ball our chances died and he eventually gifted it back to Monaco.

The Arse can't wait to get well against us.

OH AND CAN WE BURN THOSE FVCKING YELLOW SHIRTS!

7. Bjornebye

Bjornebye Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Grimstad
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, you were asking who Mellor had to #%^* to get a match...it was Stig. Two Stellas, a Guinness and pub fare at the local...you get the point. Sorry not to see you there. :D

From Benitez:
    "All the people in the world saw the handball," blasted Rafa. "The linesman saw it and when I spoke to the referee afterwards he told me he saw it as well.

"What I couldn't understand was why he was smiling at me when he was talking. He said the hand was close to the body but I don't agree. It was a bad game and a bad pitch and to lose to a decision like that was very disappointing."

Stig

8. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you give the K-Y tp FloPo?

Actually I had to visit Dr. Benitez yesterday and watch it in real time rather than night time replay as I had to pick up my daughter from the airport, Thanksgiving and all that. If it wasn't for Esky and Rimando I would have much to be thankful for, at least in my football Fan-tasy life.

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'm depressed...

10. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    now that i think about it more and more,why do we have to beat olympiacos by a 2 goal diference???OLympiacos are +2 in goal diference and we have a +1 goal diference.if we beat olympiacos 1-0,we will de 1-1 over all,and if im not mistaken,if 2 teams draw in points and both win by the same margine,they see the goal diference between the 2 sides!!!!and if we do win 1-0,we will end up at +2 and theyll end up +1,if my math doesnt fail me,and i am correct,we would still reach the 2nd round with a 1-0 win,but in a more complicated fasion!

11. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    and its strange no body talked about traore????he had a very bad game ,and it was him who gave the ball away in the midfield(trying to drible a monaco player instead of passing;and lets the defence 2 against 2!!!)gerrard doesnt even look fit enough out there,didnt he????and do we give mellor another chance????or do we go with SNP???either way,with our current form,both players wouldnt shine in the pitch!

12. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Yes...he's earned it.

13. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    and doing what ???the poor guy didnt even get 1 chance yesterday!!IF mellor was just a little bit quicker,he would be a great player!!

14. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    From what I've read, the whole team was pretty poor. Neil Mellor has been killing in the reserves for us for many years now. It's only right that he gets a chance when all first choice strikers are out. Put him in and Pong and see what happens. If Kewell starts another game up top, then I might start thinking twice about Rafa...

15. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    I've seen them two together. For 2 players who are supposed to have played one or two games together for the reserves, the understanding was surprisingly poor, mainly, it seemed, because Mellor is just not up to the standard of Liverpool first team. And he was dreadful again last night. Totally out of his depth.

16. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    The problem is he is not just slow but painfully so.

17. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Again, it sounded to me like the whole ********ing team was...not just Mellor. But either way, you give me the choice between Pongolle and Kewell and Pongolle and Mellor, and I'm taking the latter. EVERYTIME. Kewell barely deserves a start in midfield.

18. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    was it smart of rafa to leave alonso out ????I dont even know why!!!he had a great game for spain last week,and even tough he didnt have a great game against boro,he wouldnt do those kinda mistakes to often!!hope he plays against arsenal!(COME ON RAFA,STOP MAKING THOSE KINDA MISTAKES)

19. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    what is wrong with rafa you cannot start of without alonso his just good.i still dont lknow alot about big soccer but neil mellor well he is good but the thing is first team places for him.no.he should realise that we have no bloody striker n he has alot of work to do.pongolle also should understand its high time complainig and whining stops so he plays good ball.

20. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    Neil Mellor should be refused entry to the ground. I cannot believe there are people here saying he should be in the first team. He is an awful, awful player. He is fat, slow, lazy and just useless. He is quite possibly the worst player I have ever seen in a red shirt. Just dreadful.

21. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    Let's think of some dreadful players in a Liverpool shirt.:) I'll start with
    Sean Dundee (post-injury).

22. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    We need a new thread for this. I'll start one now.