'Momma's House 3: the more the merrier

Discussion in 'nicodemus Guestbook' started by soccahmomma, Apr 12, 2005.

1. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Prayers to her dad & family.

2. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    still doesn't make sense. not that there can be too many prayers but it seems like you should be directing them to Jay's mom and family.

3. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    her mom is part of her family.

i guess this is the part where i mention that Orthodoxy has prayer services for the departed...

here's an excerpt from it...

Christ our eternal King and God, You have destroyed death and the devil by Your Cross and have restored man to life by Your Resurrection; give rest, Lord, to the soul of Your servant (name) who has fallen asleep, in Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love for all men, pardon all the sins he (she) has committed in thought, word or deed, for there is no man or woman who lives and sins not, You only are without sin.

For You are the Resurrection, the Life, and Repose of Your servant (name), departed this life, O Christ our God; and to You do we send up glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit; both now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

4. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

if you'd just have said that earlier.

my favorite part of Orthodoxy. :)

5. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That always cracked me up when you would walk around the house singing/chanting that. :D

6. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Brotherly love :)

Gotta luv it!

7. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    What were you doing posting at 2 a.m. on a school night!
    You are G R O U N D E D! :D

8. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    couldn't sleep. got up & went to the 'puter. where are my latest Rolling Stones?

9. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    On my reading table in the living room...I'll try to drop them off this afternoon....crazy round here with me sick and all the younguns getting outta school and all of us tryin' to get off on various and sundry trips.

10. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    don't bother if you are sick.

11. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Thanx but I am not sick enough to shut down the factory...I am up and runnin' and I have to run the Momma Taxi this afternoon. UNless I forget the mags, they will be in your hot lil mailbox by 4:30.

12. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Pvan, the package is delivered. New stuff came today...will be delivered a son as it is perused.

13. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I knew you guys were colombian druglords.

14. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    :D

15. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Nate left yesterday for his first tour....
    Itinerary:
    Nashville,TN
    Louisville, KY
    Chicago,IL
    Crown Point, IN
    Erie,PA
    Cincinnati,OH
    Muscle Shoals,AL
    Tupelo,MS
    Gadsden,AL

9 shows in 10 days
    2202 miles in an old conversion van pulling a trailor
    40 hours, 25 minutes of driving time

When I asked where they were gonna stay, he said they were gonna drive through the night and sleep in the van , stopping to shower at truck stops.
    6 sweaty 20 years olds (did I mention their van has no a/c?) makes for one interesting odiferous vehicle!

I had a hard time letting my lil boy go....I left tears on his shoulder. I am excited for them but at the same time, I am concerned...They are not the most worldly of youth! I guess they will be when they get back though, huh?! :)

16. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    what is the word from the road?

17. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    so what's new with you all?

18. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

He's gonna get so much ass! :D

19. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Not to bad.....I think I broke a bone in my foot. I was trying to clear a ball, I got the bottom of a cleat.......ouch. At least it isn't a weight-bearing bone.

20. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004

We (JB, Laura, Aar, Kally and I) just got back from a week at Jekyll island, Georgia. It was fun but not restflu with a 3 year old ;)

Nate is back from tour....van broke down in Chicago but they were with good people who let them stay in the venue to sleep and hang out and to shower at their homes and showed them around the city until they could get a new fuel pump put in after Memorial Day.... I think the tour pretty much sucked as far as the shows were concerned but they guys were pumped and had a positive look on the experience as a whole. They are planning another mini tour in July.

Laura leaves for Ethipia in 3 weeks.

Aar leaves for Nashville Saturday for several days with the church group.

JB and Laura are going on choir tour to Dallas/Fort Worth in 5 weeks. While they are gone, I am driving my mom , Aar, Kally and myself to Texas for the hell of it.

Joni's bonehead boyfriend "flunked out" of the Army so he is back in the picture, dammit.....

Pretty much a busy summer for Soccahmomma...pool, activites, lotsa meals and laundry and a hyperactive Kally.

How's the job, Dave?

21. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    sounds like you're pretty busy! did nate make any money going on tour? i know a band can make at least $200 a night from playing a show. those shows are always a pretty good time.

job doesn't start till the 25th i think. i get out of school in about a week. right now, i'm just mowing my neighbor's lawn for a couple bucks. i can't wait to get out of school!

22. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    you have a cast now?

23. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm working the most boring temp job ever. This is the third time the entire office has gone out and left the place to me today. Not exactly a bunch of atom splitters.

24. soccahmomma

soccahmomma New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    What's the job?

I read in the parenting thread that you will be with Issac when Mrs. Nico goes back to work....what's the arrangement?