Mohamed Sissoko

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Martyka21, Jul 8, 2005.

1. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    wow if people say he is a vieira in the making i like seeing football brawls ;)

2. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    maybe im the only one who notices this, but there seems to be an army of vieira's in the making :)

3. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well,figo is a winger,not the quickest of winger but never the less he can get some good crosses into the box!Gonzalez is a wide player,who likes to play right next to the line to open up space for himself.We all know about garcia and zenden is quite good,so i dont see that as our main problem!I dont see kewell playing to much this year unless he realy improves his level,and i highly doubt well see to many games of riise as a LM.Rafa now has to improve the back line if we realy wana get close to the top 3 next season.

4. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    I know that Figo is a winger (that is why I said I did not think Zenden and Figo would be enough).

I forgot about Gonzalez.

I hope that all of these players offer enough defense.

I know that Kewell was crap this year, but I cannot imagine him staying with the team if he is not going to play much. Even with high wages, some Champions League team is going to want his class if Liverpool does not - unless he is completely screwed up physically. Not saying he would be a good signing, but I expect a Udinese or some Spanish team (Villareal?) would love to have him. Heck. Everton may be glad to have him as much trouble as the bluescum are having signing other guys:).

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    i was gna say, like u did, Everton should try to sign him hahaha

6. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    it's a sign of greatness, when people are comparing youngsters to you. :D

7. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Here is something of interest regarding the deal from the BBC.

I'm assuming that we agreed to the buy-back clause which isn't a good thing if this guy turns out to be a great player.

8. Dundalis

Dundalis New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    I don't think it is anything to be too worried about. Sissoko would have to want to move back there in any case, and if he turns into a great player that would mean he was playing every week, or around about, probably winning things. Also I would think the buy back would only last a limited amount of years and be set at a reasonably decent amount. I also don't see Valencia going too many places themselves atm.

9. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Such a clause just means they have first refusal on his services if we decided to sell him. Which is a winner for us either way: "here, turns out he was crap, take him off us" or "you want him? Well he's worth £25m these days. What - you can't afford that? Ah well ..."

10. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    We have that on Michael Owen, right? But if he is available (as the press would suggest) why haven't we been contacted? :confused:

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Because Real Madrid have not made him available. The stories you have read are about Tony Stephens putting out the feelers to a selection of clubs about a move. That's wholly different. Only if Real Madrid were to officially make Owen available would the clause in his contract about us having first choice be triggered.

Owen will go to Arsenal this summer, or in the January transfer window.

12. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    I know most of you may have already read it, but I love this story:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3763080

I love Rafa's line about players wanting to sign with you when you are the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! I just love it everytime I hear it, and when Rafa uses it to rub it in to the bitters it makes me smile even more! :D

13. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did everyone think of his performance against Olympiakos?

I was impressed. He was mixing it up quite a bit deep in the midfield, not afraid to get physical, and he showed good touch on the ball. He had a nice pass which led to Baros' second goal.

I think he provides great depth for our midfield and he should see plenty of time on the pitch for us. He looks to be Didi's eventual replacement.

14. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    i was impressed too. i listened to rafa and he said "he can regain the ball many, many time, and sure, he is young and sometimes he will lose it , but he will regain it again." it sounded pretty good to me.

So then olympiakas he does just that exactly, which was great, but then once he gets the ball from the challenge, without waiting or stopping he drifts a hard accurate long pass to make a goal in the end. i didnt really expect that part.

nice.