Modern Warfare 3 -- coming this year

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ringo, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd eat my hat if there was no new COD this November.

All I want from the new COD is a new netcode and hosting system.

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah even if its quickly slapped together Activision is not gonna let a year go by without a COD game being released.

What I don't get from the link is this part:

"There is also a rumor going around that MW2 engine will be used for this next title. This is of no surprise, because Treyarch used the ‘World at War’ Engine for Black Ops as well."

Hasn't all the COD games been based off of the same engine since COD4?

3. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "There is also a rumor going around that MW2 engine will be used for this next title. This is of no surprise, because Treyarch used the ‘World at War’ Engine for Black Ops as well."

These 2 sentences are bothersome to me because the word "because" contradicts with the "as well" when supposedly using a different engine for the game... unless MW2 engine and 'World at War' engine are the same thing...

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they may be the same engine but the games have very different feels. they play differently for being on the same engine.

5. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always figured they played differently because of who was working with the engine, yes/no? Which is why; with Raven working on the MP, I am not expecting the next MW to feel anything like the 1st or 2nd game in that series.

6. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope they don't screw up campaign since it's being made by 3 or 4 different developers.And also,better multiplayer security,Modern Warfare 2 is a mess with nearly every game there is one modder.

7. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You talking about a modded controller right? While a pain I don't think they are all that prevelant, of course the last time I played MW2 was last weekend and got lucky not to run into anyone using the modded controller.

edit to add: should say I played on the 360

8. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nope.

The PS3s security keys were recently broken into a while back.With those keys broken,modders and hackers are able to do as they wish.And with Modern 2 still being a popular game online,it's one of the most targeted.

This is an example of what they can do now.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZA9lndMwGY"]YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 Hacks:: Elite Mossy V7 Patch:: Challenge Lobby:: HOSTED BY snap4lfe[/ame]

9. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Tired of Call of Duty. Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 this year for me.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't even get the point of that .... that looks like ZERO fun. what a freaking waste.

11. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    If they are planning a November release like the last couple of years it will be up against Mass Effect 3 and after the steaming pile of poop that was Blops I know which game will get my money.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's in November then it's up against Uncharted 3, ME 3 and supposedly Gears of War 3. Those 3 games will take up my entire month and December.

The last two CoD's had horrible campaign's and that really pissed me off. I'm not a fan of Treyarch because I think they're just a crappy studio, but blops was worse than I expected. It was so bad I had no desire to jump into MP, and NORML can attest to how much I used to love the MP. At this point CoD is just a money machine for
    Activision so they really don't care how crappy of a product they put out, they know the masses will eat it up.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i don't get the point in hacking ?