Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Foosinho, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sure, but when was this game about seriousness?

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    this games full of cheap nonsense like that

imagine akimbo shotgunners with last stand

lolololol

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It's a massively cheap kill especially since you'll probably be on half health so it only takes 2 or 3 shots to kill you.

4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had that problem last night.

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's not a cheap kill ... it's your fault you didn't kill him in the first place and then stood there and let him shoot you. ;)

it was like people complaining about martydom in MW1. if you know a gernade is there, don't stand there and watch it.

i guess it's different opinions (i meant nothing personal). I have a severe loathing of noob tubes that some on here might disagree with.

6. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I just hate everyone and everything that kills me but when I do exactly the same it's cool

7. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You pretty much have to kill a guy twice though.

But yes, it is your fault if you don't fire until he's completely dead.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You sometimes do not have a chance. In MW1 I was killed numerous times by martyrdom from a person I did not even kill when I entered a room or rounded a corner at the wrong time.

And if your opponent last stands behind cover?

9. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    But I do fire until he's completely dead then he gets some cheap ass extra life. If it's 2v1 as soon as he's down I'm switching to the next target.

I know realism isn't the main aim of this game but they seriously need to nerf the secondary weapons to how they were in MW. The game just isn't fun when you have the majority of people running round with marathon, lightfooted and ninja using pistols w/tacknife or shotguns. A secondary weapons is meant to be your backup not your primary.

10. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nade/flashbang/leave him for dead. :D

11. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti

:mad: Hate Last stand, since I usually use the scar I have the bad habit of reloading as soon as I bring someone down, so with last stand you can see my dilemma, guy goes down I reload and get popped while doing so all the while screaming at the screen.

12. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I prestiged for the second time last night and did something that I think was pretty beneficial. I got both my Scar and M4A1 to about 480 kills and stopped using them both during the final lrankss of the last prestige. By doing that I was able to score both guns Veteran challenges early on in this prestige and shot up about 8-9 ranks in just two matches. I am now hopeful I will be getting to the important rank (25-31) tonight instead of sometime next week.

13. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm going back to World at War for a bit.Modern 2 is really pissing me off.

Apearently,shooting 5 stinger missiles at an AC 130 isn't enough to take it down because they either disappear or those damn flares pop up even after shooting 3 stingers at them.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yep^^ac is too good

and chopper gunner, they shouldnt last as long

ruins the game when u have a harrier and both of them, spawn then die.....whats the point?

15. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That is a good plan. I'm 56 after the first prestige and have all my ARs but the FAL and M4 over 500, so I think I might as well take them all to 730 and then rocket up the early levels in the 2nd prestige since I want that extra class slot in the 3rd ASAP.

16. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    An new evil has emerged.... akimbo G18's

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they don't reset after the prestiege? I thought everything but titles and emblems reset?

18. electrickeeper

Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the prestige challenges. ;)

19. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ive been noticing them popping up a lot in the last 2 weeks.

20. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't stand these things. I wouldn't mind if IW just got rid of the akimbo option period.

21. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    So I got to play for the first time in ages (Xmas vacation).

I bit the bullet and removed 'Care Package' from my 3 killstreak options. I wanted to worry less about protecting a care package spot and more about killing. So the first time I get on Wasteland for the night I strike it big! I get 5 kills pretty quickly and drop a sentry gun (i know, protecting a package). My Harrier comes up pretty quickly after that and I immediately start running for the hills because I know the Chopper Gunner is coming soon. I hide in one of the shacks and just unload on the map with the CG.

The result? My previous killstreak record of 9 was shattered and it is now 23! I really think this is the best recipe for the nuke on that map (which I don't have unlocked yet). Felt damn good to start 23-0 though, ended up going 36-7. Easily best round ever.

22. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I know Cold Blooded is pretty popular here so I decided to try it instead of Stopping Power and cannot understand how people survive without Stopping Power.

23. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Cold Blooded the key is to kill other guy before he even sees you. To be a sneak, as Gollum would say.

24. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    But without stopping power it takes considerably longer and puts you at a disadvantage in 1v1

25. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I agree. In those "I see you, you see me" situations, which happen all the time, you are at a big disadvantage.

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but I JUST NOW found out that you can change classes during a game (after dying). Now I'm even more amazed that Harrier Jets or other things actually stay in the air for more than a minutes. Everytime I die and there's one in the air I just switch to my Cold-Blooded/Launcher class and take it down.