MLSLIVE.tv!!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by FuzzyForeigner, Apr 21, 2006.

1. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Cry me a river.

$20 would not buy 2 lunches in NYC :p

2. capitalist

capitalist New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    I would think that's what "Live and On-Demand" means.

http://ww2.mlsnet.com/products/

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I can't get it to work in firefox either. There's no way they are using Flash. I don't think it's possible to code to Flash and stream on the fly. I could be wrong.

Sachin

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    So for those who've bought this - How's it work? Did you get a password or something? I'd like to make sure things will be seemless across the multiple computers I use.

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    it is possible to have real time flash streaming. in fact flash can apply real time/interactive effects to streamed live streamed media. i don't know how well it scales though in terms of serving up thousands of streams.

6. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you would be wrong in saying that. You can stream live video with flash. It uses a server application called Flash Communication Server (that was the old name or it maybe the new name, anyway I know there has been a name change not sure what it currently is)

7. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this else where but didnt have much luck on any one responding so here I go again.

I am having major issues when trying to play the archived games and goals off mlsnet.com. I haven't had any problems watching the live streams as of yet only with archived video. I have a 3Mbps cable connection so this is not the problem. When I try to watch an archived highlights video of a game it buffers for like 2min then when it starts to play it will only play like 5 secs of video then it starts buffering again for 30 secs plus and this keeps happening over and over. I am having this problem with every archived video on mlsnet.com. I dont have any issues with video anywhere else on the internet. I can not figure out what the issue is.

8. PSVFIREBEAZ11

PSVFIREBEAZ11 New Member

Mar 15, 2006
    NW INDIANA
    You have to get an MLS shop account and use your E-mail and a password to get to buy it and then you put in the credit card info and you are good to go.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    OK. But can you define good to go? Do you get a password or something that you can use across multiple computers?

10. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Thanks dashiel and joehooligan0303. I didn't know that. To whom do I turn in my geek card?

:D

Sachin

11. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    BTW, I'm subscriber 1751 or something like that.

Sachin

12. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one year of MLS TV = large pizza and 2-liter Pepsi

How many casual fans were watching free MLS matches on the web? I doubt many.

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Subscriber 1942. So people ARE willing to pay.

14. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1941 - I just cancelled! Only one game is viewable this week. I thought it was all the games.

For all the games it was a deal, for one game a week!?! yawn.

15. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more time.

Blackout restrictions apply.

On a typical week, you'll be able to see around four MLS matches per week on MLSTV.

16. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except for today... theres one!

Despite their website ...
    For $19.95, you can watch LIVE and ON-DEMAND matches from the entire 2006 MLS regular season and playoffs from April 22- November 5, 2006

Looks like they even tied GOTW into this crap. This is really screwed ...

I wish I understood spanish

17. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    I'm 1574.

Also, I would have hoped that for $20 bucks we would have also gotten access to the audio broadcasts as well. Oh well, it's only 5 bucks. :eek:

18. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Where is the word "all" in that sentence?

19. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    )
    remarkably similar definitons "all" and "entire"

entire adj.

1. Having no part excluded or left out; whole: I read the entire book. See Synonyms at whole.
    2. With no reservations or limitations; complete: gave us his entire attention.
    3. All in one piece; intact.
    4. Of one piece; continuous.
    5. Not castrated.
    6. Botany. Not having an indented margin: an entire leaf.
    7. Unmixed or unalloyed; pure or homogenous.

all adj.

1. Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity: All the windows are open. Deal all the cards. See Synonyms at whole.
    2. Constituting, being, or representing the total extent or the whole: all Christendom.
    3. Being the utmost possible of: argued the case in all seriousness.
    4. Every: got into all manner of trouble.
    5. Any whatsoever: beyond all doubt.
    6. Pennsylvania. Finished; used up: The apples are all. See Regional Note at gum band.
    7. Informal. Being more than one: Who all came to the party? See Regional Note at you-all.

20. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls

Your argument would make sense if the defined word came before "matches" and not "season". I hope you don't need more explanation than that.

Seriously.

21. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it would even be more misleading if it said "entire matches". Thanks for your help.

22. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    you can watch (notice all is not placed here) matches from (not of) the entire season (not for a month, or half but the entire season).

No deception here. You get matches from the entire season.

End of discussion.

23. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OR

You can watch "a fraction" of the "entire" season!

It's bad writing. They fixed it on their "Buy Now" page (with Ruiz) it's
    screwed up on their cart summary page.

$19.95 for all the games is worth it, for one game a week forget it. I'll spend that, and more, watching at the Briit and have a pint while I'm at it.

And it REALLY sucks that they locked GOTW into this. Used to send DeRo's goals to all my Eurosnob friends.

24. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    So I just ordered about an hour ago, and I got a confirmation email that my order was processed. But when I try to watch any of the archived videos I don't get a login screen or anything. Can someone who has purchased it and accessed the videos explain how it is supposed to work? Is there somewhere else I need to go to login first?

25. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    Your the one that defined "all". Now you're just confusing yourself. :rolleyes: