MlS

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by lagalaxysoccerfan, Dec 23, 2005.

1. orbie

orbie New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Austin
    I think MLS being considered as one of the top ten leagues in the world is very realistic for several reasons.

1. More exposure to the sport. Fox Soccer Channel, the internet, news papers, some day ESPN highlights, Adu was on Letterman.

2. Growing intrest in the US National team. Several friends who don't follow soccer loved watching the WC last year.

3. American kids can realisticly dream of playing soccer professionally. Dream of being the next Freddy Adu, DMB, Donavan ect.
    Youth=Market.
    Show me a company that isn't interested in consumer hungry american youth that will be making purchases for many years to come?

4. MLS has been around 10 years. long enough for me to take my nieces to games, and in 15-20 years, long enough for them to take thier kids to games. Thats three generations of supporters.

5. American players will succed on larger stages, national team and in Europe. Some of these players will return bringing thier skill, legitamacy, and marketablity to the MLS.

6. Growing participation from the latin american community. whose US population is larger than Argentina. So even 10% support would be nice.

7. SSS just a better enviornment to watch the game.

8. MLS teams doing well in local tournaments helps with scouting and marketing the league in other regions.

just my quick thoughts.