MLS Week 15

Discussion in 'Wagering' started by BerwynBlazers, Jul 8, 2003.

1. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Los Angeles v Colorado
    1.55 3.50 4.75

LA is missing Califf & Marshall. I'm pretty sure Ruiz will be here for this game. Colorado is missing Mastroeni, have been hot lately, but are 0-6-0 on the road with a -12 goal differential. Colorado won't have the 60,000+ fans cheering them on like they did when they beat KC.

2. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    LA's prices are pretty consistant but Colorado go as far up as 6.00 at bet365 and 6.10 at Pinnacle. No way I'm taking LA at such low prices. I haven't been that impressed with them. And certainly Colorado is improving. I'm still not sure they can get it done on the road but prices in excess of 6.00 are certainly tempting.

3. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    From Intertops.com:
    Colorado 4.7 3.4 1.6 @Los Angeles

With Colorado's road record and LA returning players. I don't think Chung has enough to pull this one out. You know in advance that a pk will be called in LA's favor...
    LA@best odds posted.

What's the address for the odds clearing house, since nobody is posting it any longer?

4. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    The link is here

Los Angeles vs Colorado: avg: 1.56 3.40 5.15 highest: 1.75 3.85 6.50

Saturday's averages:
    Kansas City vs Dallas 1.54 3.35 5.34
    Chicago vs D.C.United 1.71 3.16 4.23
    San Jose vs Colorado 1.49 3.20 4.99
    New England vs MetroStars 2.19 2.93 2.92

Saturdays highest:
    Kansas City vs Dallas 1.65 3.75 6.50
    Chicago vs D.C.United 1.80 3.50 4.75
    San Jose vs Colorado 1.60 3.50 6.00
    New England vs MetroStars 2.35 3.15 3.20

They don't list all the bookies' prices so sometimes the "best available" isn't listed.

Is it just me ot is picking games a lot harder than it was, say, a month ago? For this weekend I really have to sit down and look at available rosters. I think New England is probably a good choice, otherwise I'm not sure.

5. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    Perhaps DCU over Chi? Chi is without Razov (probably), Beasley, Boca, Williams, Armas (?), basically everyone but Thornton.

6. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Colorado is as high as 6.15 vs Donovan-less San Jose at marathonbet. Granted, San Jose haven't been that reliant on Donovan, but if you can get it that high, I say why not? They also offer New England at 2.36 which sounds good.

7. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    First up DAL@KC - Dal is the second coldest team in MLS having beaten only struggling at the time CLB in the last 5. KC is good at home and has proven to be able to score at will with any lineup in front of the blue-clad fans. The crowd should be bigger as Santos plays CLB in the afternoon game. Kreis has good games v KC but Cassar should give back what Kries takes. If DAL bunkers KC will find a way through, they have all year. If DAL does not bunker, it will be a rout. Not much reason to pick Dallas or draw. Take the over.
    KC@1.65

dc@CHI - Only COL is hoter than CHI. CHI is great in their own hallway and dc is crap on the road, not living up to their only acceptable jersey. Razov is questionable, Williams, Bocanegra, and DMB are all at the Gold Cup. Draw has merit as CHI's offense is obviously limited. dc might even pull a win. Despite my overall record, I'm 8-5 betting CHI games and my inclination is to always take CHI at home, even men down.
    CHI@1.8

SJ@COL - If the Rapids can win in LA, they can certainly do it in SJ. Spencer is smokin'. Hendu is coming back to full speed. San Ho is also getting healthy. Although unbeaten in 5 games, SJ has only 1 win in the same 5. This should be a good game with a high level. Both keepers and defenses are playing well, so if you like calcio, this one's for you. Draw has merit due to situation and specificly because this is COL's third game in 8 days. Otherwise taking COL at 6.0 would be automatic. I would think that taking 9 points in 8 days is pretty rare in MLS, especially with two wins on the road. An interesting sidenote in this one is that any point by COL buries LA further in the standings as COL took the season series from LA 7-4. Don't think the Rapids are unaware of that fact. Any point by SJ keeps them on top solo. Take the under.
    DRAW@3.5

NE@MET - First meeting of the year. NE has lost only 1 in the last 6. Metros have lost to every good team faced in the last 2 months. Even with Howard MET is leaking goals against everyone. NE's at home with Twellman. That should be enough. Rev's must win this one or they will be buried in the standings with dc and CLB. A win puts them only a point back of MET with a game in hand. Draw has potential here for that reason. Nicol will always take a point over being buried and MET will take a road point in CMGI. For MET this is Game 2 of an extended 5-game roadie. Remember this for bets the upcoming weeks.
    NE@2.35

I never feel great about picking a draw and CHI is short-manned. I'll take NE and KC are the other Prime 3 (lost on LA) for the week. I'm up .175 units overall with a 27-38 record. 22 of the 38 losses on draws.

8. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Trade

This from the KC board:

BUZZ CARRICK'S 3RD DEGREE will report later today a major trade between Dallas & LA

www.3rddegree.net

Ryan Suarez, Paul Broome, Chivas Martinez
    for
    EZ Hendrickson, Gavin Glinton, and #1 pick

The three BURN PLAYERS are leaving today to join LA for their trip to Korea for the Peace Cup.

I think this is better for DAL as new players want to make an impact ASAP. A shakeup usually has the effect of charging an entire lineup. Glinton has an OT winner on KC in the past. DAL will however be weaker on D without Suarez. To me, it does not change my pick, but it does make DRAW more interesting.

9. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    I'm not really too concerned about the trade, though perhaps I should be. Here are some other prices to chew on for KC-Dallas:

Kansas City winning at the half : 2.15 (gamebookers)
    Kansas City winning at the half and winning after 90 minutes : 2.40 (Centrebet)

10. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    KC's first half goals ration is 14:7 or 2:1, Dallas' is 6:9 or 2:3 against. KC has also blown many of the 18 leads they have held this season, only 5 wins.

I wouldn't entertain these teasers at all, but if I did, I would only take the half-time wager, due to the blown leads stat. As MLS games go, both of these teasers are not bad.

11. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Based on the prices of the bookmakers I have access to, I'll take NE, COL (covering for a draw) and KC to win the first half at 2.10 (gamebookers).

12. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Revo at better than even money at home with Twellman.

13. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Bloody hell. It's a damn good thing I'm not suicidal or New England would've probably just put me over the edge.

14. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    No doubt. We're in the parking lot in KC tailgating and we went in to watch the CLB/Santos match before KC/DAL. It was 3-0 Revs and I'm thinking I've got it in the can. I asked Davy Arnaud in the tunnel if he knew the final and he tells me 3-3. I'm like, "You're kidding!" Can't believe they fell asleep like that.

I went 1-4 for the week and now I'm just plain hemmoraging cash. ***********! If that's what I have to do for 5-1 KC thumpings, then so be it.

Nobody's playing better fundamental soccer than the Rapids. They sign Powell and everyone is playing so well, there's no spot for him. Even Garlick is playing well over his head.

'Quakes have 1 win in 7 games. Ouch.

15. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Welcome to the world of the Revo supporter.