MLS version of FIFA 2004 demo out

Discussion in 'Games' started by UxSxAxfooty, Oct 29, 2003.

1. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets you play as San Jose or Los Angeles, as opposed to AC Milan and Juventus.

http://www.easports.com/games/fifa2004/home.jsp

I'm not sure who to blame, likely EA, but the faces and hairstyles are so terribly generic, its awful. You really can't tell any difference between Ruiz, Martinez and Cobi Jones!

However, I believe Landon and Myung-Bo have custom faces.

The worst part is the Galaxy are wearing last year's kits...

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Actually, several of the players are pretty recognizable. But it does seem that Landon and Myung-Bo have the most customized faces in the demo.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Also in the demo, only the Earthquakes' home kits are this year's (minus the Yahoo! en español sponsor patches, though)... the Earthquakes' away kit, as well as the Galaxy's home and away kits, are last year's. This will all hopefully be corrected in the retail version of the game.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp As with the other version of the demo, check out who the referee is. :D

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Also, since the demo has disabled most of the configurable options (including the ability to raise the resolution), you should also download and install the FIFA 2004 Demo Tweaker.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp You can find it on various sites, including this Russian site (strangely, none of the sites I've found that have the Tweaker are American, although the words in the Tweaker itself are in English :confused: ).

-G

4. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ok I downloaded the demo yesterday, booted up the game, and immediately had an impression of the game in the first 5 minutes: "this is utter crap".

I'm not starting this thread to discourage anyones hopes about EASPORTS's new FIFA 2004 but I'm sorry to say that after playing soccer games consecutively for more than 10 years I can boldly state that FIFA 2004 is a joke of a soccer game. Honestley it kept reminding me about Konami's classic soccer video game "Winning Eleven 6" and how the EASPORTS developers have made a pathetic attempt to immitate Konami's original work of art.
    First off the demo itself is a farce when considering that the market purposes of PC demo's is supposed to attract the consumer to the product, however in this case EA has merely rolled up a pile of garbage and posted it on their website for consumers to downlaod. The demo is frankly worthless and a poor marketing endeavour, much like the annoying flyers you voluntarily recieve when u get ur paper in the mornin, things that are simply meant to be thrown away (in this case deleted). I guess I'm surprised considering that 2003 was pretty mutch a hit and an all-round decenent soccer game. But if EA thinks that people will buy this "virtual abomination" because of preceding successes, think again. I would never buy this game and I dont care that they have all the logo's and name rights because they're a rich company, instead I prefer to buy a game based on interesting gameplay (isn't that the most important thing?)

Some people may like it but I wouldn't be surprised if it got terrible reviews and little notice because of it's boring pace and its weak AI/Character performance. That demo was a waste of prescious seconds of my life.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    when I installed the demo, all the menus were black, heard the music, but couldn;t see anything.... but if I pressed enter it went to the game which was fun but was Juventus vs AC Milan

weird....

6. LUVURONIE

LUVURONIE New Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Toronto,Canada
    Yo Canzano,tell us how you really feel.Damn man,relax,it was only the demo you downloaded,not the finished product.Trust me,this years version of Fifa will be the best selling to date.Wait for the full version and then tell us how you feel.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    any suggestions?

8. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    Dumbass Fifa 2004 designers made the European Teams OVER RATED

Did any else get as APPALLED by how low MLS teams are rated as far as stars are concerned?? How can the LA galaxy with MLS leading scorer Carlos Ruiz, World cup Star, Cobi Jones & Alexi Lalas, MLS goalie of the Year Kevin Hartman, World cup 2002 bronze boot winner Hyan Bo, get only ONE STAR in their ranking. The MORON game developers out there always over rate the European teams & give mls teams the shaft. Didnt the Galaxy (or some other MLS team) beat Boca Juniors recentl- the boca juniors that ESPN rated as the #1 club in the world for a long time?? WTF are the designers smoking when they come up with stats for the teams???

9. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    to NYRmetros: I had the same problem- You have to delete the "Juventus Ac Milan demo" first & reisntall the MLS demo to get the MLS teams.

to Canzann= STFU!! You sound like some dumb wannabe jaded soccer geek. The game is LIGHT years over fifa 2002 & pretty damn good. If youre so smart, how come the EA sports team is designing game, & YOURE NOT????

10. Mimir19

Mimir19 Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Buffalo, NY
    PS 2?? Can you edit the stats so that it evens out?

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  12. bourque312

bourque312 Red Card

Oct 16, 2003
    No, this is regarding the 2 PC demos that came out. In the MLS demo, the Galaxy are rated as a 1 star team while the earthquakes are rated as a 2 & 1/2 star teams. Now I could understand it if the Burn were rated a 1 star team, but the MLS cup defending Galaxy??? Even if they are under achieving this year, their talent makes them at least a 3 star team IMO

13. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the maximum number of stars a team can have? The Earthquakes shouldn't be 2.5 stars anyway they should be closer to the Galaxy, Donovan is a good player but come on...

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

ok... gonna try it.... but then again i had the same problem when I first installled the Juve - AC demo.... weird....