Pre-match: MLS Tournament Fire Game 2-Fire v. San Jose-7/19 7:00 pm FS1 and in the Soldier Field Parking Lot

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by xtomx, Jul 19, 2020.

?

What will happen tonight?

1. Fire Win

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Fire Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fire Lose

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Beric scores again, but the Fire fail to win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wicky "pulls a Puano" and something stupid happens

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. I don't know because it is "Christmas in July" on Hallmark Movies/Mysteries Channel

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Raccoon appears and all of the fans in the stands have to leave, game "behind closed doors"

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Rubber Dick (forever!)

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  9. Malort

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  10. Nelson Rodriguez (remember him?) Out!

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #76 splunge63, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Navarro: some good, some not so good. good wheels and compete. glad Wicky gave him the nod (although I wonder how much the quick turn around and heat/humidity had to do with it). whatever, the kid showed some promise.

Medran: our best MF. he's not Gaitan, but maybe he can be? fully on board with him

Stojanovic: who knows? seems to be good when the ball is in the air (which isn't surprising, given his height)

Calvo: a real killer, lol. solid play 95%+, but gets heinously burned regularly

goldclover repped this.
  2. TyrusRose

TyrusRose Member+

chicago fire
    North Korea
    Jun 17, 2019
    Medran is fantastic. The way he operates in tight spaces, as well as stays cool under pressure is a joy. Unfortunately it's another case where we need to play with the intent of keeping possession more where his skills will shine, but I am hoping Vancouver is that game. Playing a higher line pushes the midfielders up and thus allows Medran to make runs forward. Him + Djordje/Luka should really be the midfield ahead of Gaston, not Medran and Herbers.

Navarro just seems like a decent MLS player. He'll make mistakes, but he has some skill and isn't a constant liability.

Calvo reminds me of David Luiz in a way. He has some very nice attacking skills that most centerbacks don't possess. He also has brainfarts that are tough to swallow for a centerback.

goldclover repped this.
  3. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I hope you are all right on Medran. I think you are if the Fire plays tactics like you suggest which would be very nice to see.