MLS pre game match ups 8/14

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 14, 2002.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article says: Galaxy have no injury concerns.

True but...

LAG not much concerned about Chi Bardales injury as Chi hasn't shown he can contribute when healthy. Thus, no concern...

LAG without Lalas or Cien tonight. Both older players being rested because of the 2 game / week schedule crunch. Not an "injury" concern, but for LAG fans, a "Waibel concern."

2. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    Not to be rude or anything, but how certain are you on the Lalas rest thing?

I have him on my fantasy team and will definitely sub him out if it's likely that he'll sit.

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My info per LA Times story this morning. Times is usually pretty accurate on what they report.

4. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Press Release sent out by the G's on Monday said that Lalas and Cien aren't making the trip.

Also, don't forget that Albright is still listed as 'probable'. Don't expect to see him play either.

5. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    Many thanks for the updates folks.

I guess it's too much to ask for the official league preview for the game to include this information... that's been a consistent frustration with managing a fantasy team--the league does a poor job of disseminating information on player availability. For some reason it seems worse this year than in previous seasons.