MLS Non-Sporting Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by NorthbankHighbury, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve always said that my favorite teams in the MLS are SKC and any others that play Seattle. It was pure gold to see Ochoa walk off the field after the game with his finger to his lips taunting the Seattle fans.

2. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As long as that's the last time he's happy and arrogant this season.

IASocFan repped this.
  3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Colorado lose to Portland and now KC will host the WC Final if they win.

IASocFan repped this.
  4. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be sweet to get another shot at Portland in the playoffs after the disappointing finish a couple of years ago.

5. Spassapparat

Spassapparat Member

SKC/Werder Bremen
    May 14, 2017
    man rsl chasing the ball in seattle for 120 and then portland winning while losing asprilla and potentially losing blanco.. could these games have gone any better for skc?

IASocFan, AdamRS and BenDover repped this.
  6. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely wild game between the Revs and NYCFC. I thought NY stole it at the end but a red card and a man down let the Revs back in with a late goal. Ends even and goes to penalties and NY sends the Revs home losers. Unbelievable, both of the 1 seeds are out of the playoffs.

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And a trip to the worthless Leagues Cup is confirmed.

8. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Philly has to be licking their chops. A ragged NYC without their star striker and playing in Philly?

RSL is the only villain left in the playoffs, for me. I'm okay with any other team winning the Cup.

9. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm missing the neg rep button again... not because I disagree, but because I don't like even thinking about it.

10. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Cup underway and it is a glorious afternoon in KC.

11. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy moly - Portland at the death. Literally five seconds before the clock struck the end of extra time.

12. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are not many more satisfying moments in watching MLS games, than seeing the entire Portland fan base looking like they just got kicked in the stomach. Sweeeeeeet. Congrats to NYCFC on winning a gritty game on a plastic field, in the rain, in front of a hostile crowd. And lastly, I hope they prosecute that idiot that hit the NY player with a thrown beer can.

13. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Word on the street is that fan had been pulled and lifetime banned from the stadium before halftime.

Always intrigued by first-time winners. NYC wasn't my top choice but they earned it today!

BenDover repped this.
  14. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who in the hell at US Soccer thought it was a good idea to schedule a WCQ game in Minnesota in February!! There are MLS stadiums all across the southern part of the states with decent temps to play important games like this. What am I missing here?

mschofield repped this.
  15. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer only wants want white people in the stands.

16. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly. The strategy of freezing the opponents makes sense if it's Mexico, maybe if it's Costa Rica. They can play. they might beat us if they're warm and comfy. But we're freezing out a bad Honduras team? and we did that against El Salvador? It's silly and mean. And against Canada, we really should not do the deep freeze thing.

17. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the USMNT game vs Honduras was over, the Honduran coach complained bitterly about the extreme temperatures and that two of his players were treated for hypothermia. Berhalter's reply:

“We want to win our home games. We consider that our field is an
    advantage and that the playing conditions that rivals are not used to are also an
    advantage for us "

This is a BS reply. Home field advantage comes from playing in your own country with your fans in the majority of people in the stands. If Berhalter can't win a game without resorting to sub-zero temperatures against Central American teams, then he should resign.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not in favor of the game and Berhalter's quote is BS, but at the same time is this that different than when Honduras would schedule the US to play in the middle of the day at San Pedro Sula in 100+ degree weather with 95% humidity? Or when Mexico would make the US play in the middle of the afternoon in the heat/humidity/smog of the Azteca?

IASocFan repped this.
  19. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are completely correct, but it doesn't make it right on either side. Its just another thing that we need to eliminate from international competition.

kcfooty repped this.
  20. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the Seattle vs Montagua CCL game last night. The Sounders are going to be very tough to beat this season and could win the CCL. Their defense is very solid and have multiple ways to score. Of course, SKC started off the CCL the same way a couple of years ago then folded like a cheap tent. But, top to bottom, Seattle has improved a very good team from last year and could make a deep run into or win the CCL. They will be tough for any MLS team to beat.

IASocFan repped this.
  21. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounders use PKs to tie Pumas 2-2 in the first leg in Mexico. Pumas dominated the game but the Sounders didn't give up. Lets see how the Pumas play on plastic grass in Seattle in the 2nd leg. Maybe a MLS team can finally win the CCL.

22. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    something will happen to favor the mexican club... it always does. in this case, i wouldn't mind.

23. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hate the sounders, but I will put aside my distaste for the club and cheer for any MLS team that can finally win the CCL.

kcfooty and KCFutbol repped this.
  24. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would for just about any other mls club. not seattle. they can eat a big ol bag of rotting dicks.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did that with RSL when they made the final, I also did when Montreal did. Since then I just can't get behind the whole "MLS for _____" for the CCL.