Mls Mvp (r)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by JeffGMc, Nov 21, 2003.

1. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  2. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    MLS Shouts to the world:

We suck! Come retire here.

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I think Razov should have won it, of course. But it isn't as if selecting Preki doesn't have any merit at all. He was really everything for his team this year. Razov is probably hurt for having a stronger supporting cast. Just like Curtin is always punished for playing with Bocanegra when it comes to awards.

4. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    2-4 teams in 05.

Cleveland, Chivas for sure

OKC likely (stadium being built)

Rochester maybe

5. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Great, but we're talking MVP for the league, Razov was close behind him in points, but obviously it's not all about that, it's about the best player in the league, not a team, and Razov outperformed Preki far and away this year.

6. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Mexcillent!

Liam, you have to stop posting as Bethany, it's weirding me out.

7. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    re chivas:

"This is NOT a mexican expansion team. This is an MLS team owned by a mexican man".

Heh.

- Liam

8. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll believe THAT when I see it.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Jeff, you have your Fire blinders on. Which is definately a good thing. I do agree with you that it should be Razov (even trying to be impartial) but it is not really far and away. I think Razov makes it with a slight margin. Appearently to the people who voted the margin was too slight to take in the ignorance factor. Preki was damn good this year. He won the scoring 6 points. Sure assists can be awarded kinda wacky. But either way, it isn't cut and dry. That's all I'm saying. I'm certainly not going to waiste breath on Preki when i think Ante should have won. Let's just be reasonable and not say that Ante should have run away with it. That's just not true (in my opinion).

10. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    He said unequivically when asked (and he was asked a lot) "Chivas will play under the same rules as every other MLS team".HJe also said all the bad press and vitriol Vergara is getting, they want it. "We need teams peplelove and teams people hate".

11. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "peple", pretty close to Pepe. Freud at work?

12. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

But what good did it do K.C.? They ended up, what, in fourth place? Meanwhile, Ante has helped the Fire win the Supporters' Shield and gotten them to MLS Cup `03.

Preki and co. are watching the game on TV. What's so valuable about that? Stupid voters!

13. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    So the krolpolski corollary says that all individual awards finalists should come from the team that wins the cup?

14. fireluv

fireluv New Member

Dec 31, 2000
    Chicago/U of I Chamb
    !!!!! :D
    I must use that!

So chivas in cleveland then? That just doesn't seem right.

15. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think he means Chivas AND Cleveland.

That team's gonna be called the "Steamers," right? Right?!