MLS Match #20: 7/16, Columbus Crew @ Chicago Fire [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jjayg, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup and they were Colin Clarke's first too. I think another coach or two as well.

2. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone taking odds on Beckham getting drilled with a beer during the Real Madrid game?? It's got to be even money. If he takes the corners, I'd put it at 1-2.

P.S. - The Crew are in shambles and the "new coach" aspect, will not help.

2 - 1 FIRE Mapp should be smokin' down the flank w/o Surfer there. (3 - 1 - if Jaqua is healthy. Don't think Robin Fraser is going to out jump him.)

3. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because our team hasn't changed since then and the Crew are an exact replica of the 2003 Burn?? :confused:

Karma means nothing unless you belive in it....Karma doesn't put the ball in the back of the net, Chris Rolfe does.

4. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I couldn't have said it better myself!!

5. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    ...which is true of every opponent we will face because of who we are and sitting atop the standings*. It's true of both MLS and Open cup play. This is how we should approach every match, full throttle.

* (exception: I don't expect AC Milan to be impressed)

6. I hope I'm wrong, but the tickets for the doubleheader don't seem to be going very fast. I heard there were 22,000 sold as of last Saturday. Today, Tuesday, I just went on line and bought 4 seats in section 108, midfield. Ticketmaster shows midfield seats available on all levels. Hopefully, everyone is going for cheaper seats in the end zones. I'd hate to think that we can't pull in over 50,000 for Real Madrid.

7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the Mexican fans are infamous for buying tickets day-of-the game but I also wonder if the ticket prices $40-$125 are going to stop a lot of fans from coming.They may not get the number they had hoped for. I wonder if that is why I'm seeing so many ads for the game in newspapers.

8. Landon Donovan

Landon Donovan New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Comiskey Park
    IM GONNA GET DRUNK!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

9. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have already exceeded our point total for last season. Man we really did suck last year.

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Yep, that would be as good of a place as any.

11. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Westerhoff was in charge during the Wednesday Chivas-KC game before ours. Ah, whatever. Now that they've successfully fragged their coach, will the Columbus players turn it up a notch and actually start trying to win games?

It will be interesting to watch all the MFL fans and Eurosnobs start piling into Soldier Field around the 70th minute of the Fire game.

12. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe, but you can't turn a whole team around in only 4 days.

13. FireAddict

FireAddict Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Grayslake, IL
    Any word on whether Frankie is back with the Crew Saturday? I know he's out for the US's next game (Saturday) due to yellow card points. Does Bruce keep him camp anyway or send him back for our game with the Crew.

14. IJS

IJS Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Naperville
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fire account rep said ticket sales have increased since the Real Madrid line up/squad was announced although I'd bet the ticket price is a factor too.

15. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As far as I know he'll still be with the national team.

16. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    DAMNIT. Robin Frasier won't be able to play due to yellow card accumulation. Think he will be able to hear up from the bench?

17. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    lol..good times!

18. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    According to MLSNET.com, Cornell Glen will be available since T&T are finished, but Frankie will not be released to the Crew. (See the bottom of the article about crew fans lobbying for Andrulis' sacking.)

19. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
  20. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
  21. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Yeah, that's what I thought...so what the hell is he claiming Fire on his resume? Me thinks he thinks he can get away with something...

22. Rogi8

Rogi8 Member

May 15, 2000
    What are the chances Jaqua plays?

23. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Ilford's site shows him joining the club Feb 23rd - same bit about getting him from the Fire. Then on March 32st:

"Forward Gabriel Omoniyi has been released by the club after failing to settle at Ilford. Everyone at the club wishes Gabriel every success in his career. "

The name seems vaguely familiar to me. Was he with CFR? I bet that was it.

God bless google - Here's another clue
    2004 had him on the roster at St. Joseph's college down in Rensselaer.

24. Cyclone

Cyclone New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    1) what does this Ominiyi stuff have to do with the Crew game? C'mon guys.

2) The crew boards indicate that Warchyyzxvyxzka is asking Arena to let Hedjuk return to play for the game. They also say that Buddle and Wolyniec will be left home. (correct my spelling if you must.)

25. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    nothing. Not a damn thing. Ask jri.
    I can understand the request for heydude. But leaving both Woly and Buddle home !? - that's just crazy talk.