MLS Instituting Rules re: Mass Confrontation

Discussion in 'Referee' started by GlennAA11, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Rufusabc

Rufusabc Member+

May 27, 2004
    I'm watching the NBA where Kobe now has 14 technical fouls on the year. So, do you think it's the same as it was from a couple of years ago? I don't.

You are entitled to your opinion, just not entitled to your own facts. The NBA instituted a crackdown on dissent and it is working.

2. Bubba Atlanta

Bubba Atlanta Member+

Mar 2, 2012
    Yep, Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    That used to be so, but hasn't been for a while now. That's one of the many useful things the internet and the proliferation of 24-hour news channels have done for us.

3. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Has he been thrown out once this year or ever for being a dick to referees? No he hasn't. A technical in the NBA is just worthless and meaningless. Until I see Kobe or LeBron get a second T in the same game then I might be interested.

4. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (b) is the key here. If the players bitch loudly enough, will the league give in?

5. Pierre Head

Pierre Head Member+

Dec 24, 2005
    History tells us yes, but we will have to wait and see with the new PRO system which
    is now in full operation for this season. Can we expect a flurry of cards in the first two weeks?

PH

6. thearbiter

thearbiter Member

May 24, 2007
    Albucrackee
    The PRO is supposed to be an independent organization (wink, wink) that operates without any interference from MLS. PRO can instruct it's referees to do whatever they deem necessary.

This is not MLS telling referees what to do. It's MLS saying it will punish players after the fact using video.