THANKS, BUT NO THANKS MLS nixes two Peguero offers, talks continue June 19, 2006 By Dylan Butler BigAppleSoccer.com Associate Editor Major League Soccer has turned down two offers from oversees for Red Bulls red-hot forward Jean Philippe Peguero, according to sources close to the league. But that doesn't mean the Haitian sensation is staying put. MLS, which has the only say in transfer matters, is still negotiating with another club, sources told BigAppleSoccer.com. On Saturday's broadcast on MSG Network, color commentator Shep Messing, who is also a player agent, said Peguero has drawn interest from Norway, quoting league sources. Since arriving in New York from Colorado in a trade for Thiago Martins and a first round draft pick in April, Peguero has far and away been the Red Bulls most dangerous attacking player. He has scored eight goals, including six in seven league matches. Peguero's flair and unpredictability, as well as his ability to put the ball in the net, have made him a fan favorite. The knock on Peguero during his time in Colorado is a questionable work ethic, both over the course of a season and the 90 minutes of a match. Peguero, whose quiet demeanor off the field does not match his on-field persona, is from Port-de-Paix, Haiti and has 10 national team caps and nine on the U-23 level. The 25-year-old played with Haitian First Division side Don Bosco and initially drew interest from the Miami Fusion, but was brought over to MLS by Fernando Clavijo, who was his coach on the Haitian National Team. He is the last year of a contract that reportedly pays him $70,000 a year.