MLS Goal Of The Year

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Tony Biscaia, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Anybody notice that out of the 30 goals nominated for the public voting for MLS Goal Of The Year:

Ruiz gets 3 entries, out of his 8 goals in the run of play this season (he scored 7 more on PK's.) Twellman has none, out of his 15 goals.

Ralph has 3 entries out of his 10 nonPK goals; Noonan has 1, out of his 10 nonPKs; Clint Mathis also has 1 of his 7.

LA has 7 total entries out of their 29 nonPK goals on the year. The Revs have 2 of their league-leading 53 non-PKs.

The Fire have 5 out of 46 nonPKs, the Rapids 5 out of 35.

What's it all mean, the Revs don't scored exciting goals? Or yet another conspiracy theory...

2. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Anybody notice that out of the 30 goals nominated for the public voting for MLS Goal Of The Year:

Ruiz gets 3 entries, out of his 8 goals in the run of play this season (he scored 7 more on PK's.) Twellman has none, out of his 15 goals.

Ralph has 3 entries out of his 10 nonPK goals; Noonan has just 1, out of his 10; Clint Mathis also has 1, out of his 7.

LA has 7 total entries out of their 29 nonPK goals on the year. The Revs have 2 of their league-leading 53 non-PKs.

The Fire have 5 out of 46 nonPKs, the Rapids 5 out of 35.

What's it all mean, the Revs don't scored exciting goals? Or yet another conspiracy theory...

3. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    I think it means that voting on how good a goal is is totally subjective. Twellman had a few nice goals I remember seeing that aren't on there, but I don't really think any of the goals up there are bad enough that I couldn't understand why anyone would vote for them over Twellman's.