MLS Forums should be moved to Concacaf

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by Chowderhead, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Since MLS is no longer an American league, the MLS forums should all be moved from USA to a Concacaf, Americas or North American forum.

I'm sure that Garber would have no problem with that.

Anyway, I'll be waiting patiently for the move. Given BS's commitment to correctitude, I would expect the move to be made quickly.

Good-bye "Made in USA", "It's our Game", "It's all here" and all the other proud, chest-thumping pronouncements; hello North America and Maple Leaf money.

2. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wrong! CONMEBOL!

3. NASLNUT

NASLNUT New Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Canada
    Can we get you a box of Tissue.

4. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP.

MLS gave up its US-centricity with the introduction of Goats of LA. Bringing in Toronto is nowhere near as bad as that travesty, Jorge's money notwithstanding.

5. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I move that the MLS boards are all made a subcategory to the MetroStars board. Our id number is "1" after all.

6. USL discussion is listed under USA despite the presence of several Canadian franchises so why would this even be an issue? The precedent is already in place.

7. NASLNUT

NASLNUT New Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Canada
    I belive he is taking the piss on you lot , get it.

8. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Can't agree more. Cultural apartheid brought to you by Mr. Garber. What a disgrace. And now Toronto gets shoved down our throats because, among other things, it's "cosmopolitan". Beautiful.

9. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Please.

10. NASLNUT

NASLNUT New Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Canada
    What get shoved down your throat is your audacity. Be quiet. MLS is not a USA only invention. Its the Major LEague for Canada USA. Deal with it cry baby.

11. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had hoped MLS would continue to evolve into a more European league. But it seems like it's just become more like baseball, basketball, even the NASL. If the league allows the rules to be bent for the Toronto franchise, thus inhibiting our ability to help American players, what's the point of even supporting the league?

If I'm in a place without an MLS team, and there's a choice between European or MLS soccer, my reasons for watching MLS are becoming fewer.

12. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Then shouldn't it be "MLS Fora Should be Moved" etc.? ;)

13. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since when is Canada a foreign country?

14. NASLNUT

NASLNUT New Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Canada
    Need a box of tissue. Typical cry baby. I guess having Canadians count as Imports would be fair. What an asshat you are.

15. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    You know, that is a good question. Both are acceptable and considered correct.

And the first guy who asks for a link will get a headbutt. Beautiful game-style, of course.

16. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please.

Lee

17. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Please explain how creating a new team (that didn't exist before) and putting at least a couple of Americans on it 'inhibits American players'.

We're not taking a franchise away.

18. Freddy Garcia Lives

Feb 28, 2003
    Tumwater, WA
    Como se dice xenophobe en ingles?

19. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the rules will have to be changed, right? If the Toronto team has full reign on Canadian players, how will the league be fair? And I don't want to hear that Canada doesn't have good players, it's just that the teams will no longer be on a level playing field.

If Toronto played by all the rules currently in place, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

20. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    yeah, and you couldn't tell it was a joke not to be taken literally b/c the smiley was too confusing? :rolleyes:

21. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Fair enough.

Now I guess my next question would be 'if this hypothetical "super team" full of Canucks were actually to happen (and the chances of that happening are slim to none, but that's a debate for another thread), how would playing against a talented team every week inhibit the development of the other (American-heavy) MLS squads?'

The other teams would be forced to get better, or fall behind. Is that not a good thing for the development of American soccer?

22. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Usted, como vive en Ohio, debería saber. O no? Mire, huevetas, no tengo miedo a los extranjeros. Mermamente quisiera conservar la liga de la forma que está sin las complicaciones de un equipo de otro pais, especialmente un pais cuya hinchada ha sido hostil hacía el fútbol estadunidense.

De aquí en adelante, hagame un favorcito: no sea huevon.

23. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Tranquilo, 'mano.

24. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI

I tell you what: I, with the help of certain members of the New England and New York business establishment, will put an Irish American-only team in MLS. We'll base it Southie where setentious, superior apologists for the excesses of mulitcultural extremists will be heartlessly castigated.

Such a team will not allow Protestants, blacks who cannot prove Irish ancestry, Jews, Hispanics, Italians, French-Canadians or anyone who is not Roman Catholic and of Irish descent. It will be our way of celebrating our uniqueness and a way of guaranteeing our fans and players, a context in which we can be fully understood. We thank MLS and Chivas USA for setting the precedent with the success of its model.

Our team, when it takes the field, will step on everyone. My question to you is the following: What are you going to do about it?

And please don't dare suggest that we have no right to isolate ourselves. That's for us do decide.

I just hope that Mr. Garber finds South Boston to be sufficiently cosmopolitan. If he doesn't, maybe we can put the stadium in the middle of Commonwealth Avenue or Newbury Street.

25. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed.

The xenophobia was sad enough this time last year when it was about "those damn Messicans" taking over. But xenophobia regarding Canadians? Man, that's a new low, even for this place.