MLS foosball tables $74 shipped

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Teleturn, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Teleturn

Teleturn New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salt Lake City
    For those who might be interested, Overstock.com has MLS foosball tables available for $74 shipped.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2...18&siteID=DQ0QG6clDeE-KDkfVGFQB8z05uMGHExCBQ#

I have not seen one so cannot comment on the quality. However, my past experiences with Overstock are that you generally get what you pay for (or worse).

For a laugh, enlarge the picture of the table and notice how the players are arranged...

2. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Its funny that the table without MLS logos is more expensive.

3. Greywacke

Greywacke New Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Huntington Beach
    [​IMG]

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  5. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I ordered this foosball early last week and I received it on Friday. It took me less than an hour to put together and it works great. I've always wanted to get a foosball table. Now I got one for a GREAT price and it's MLS affiliated too.

6. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    foosball table

ahhh yes. nothing quite like one of your own.
    I have one that's about 10 yrs old... and it's seen better days (legs are missing) but the actual table works fine...

we still use it when he have our "get-togethers"

7. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I cant get enough of this game... I got so hooked, I went out and blew some $$ on this one.. A great table, almost bar quality. (only difference is it is slightly lighter and has plastic (or ceramic? who knows) for the rods vs ball bearings..

[​IMG]

the key is to get a tabel that has the same feel as the ones in the bars. That way your skills are transferable.. Nothing worse than playing on a table you arent used to and getting spanked by someone who sucks. (stick with the Tornado brand)

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  9. tummybird

tummybird New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Connecticut
    MLS Foosball table

I bought the MLS foosball table from Overstock.com and it is great. For the money you can't beat it and I love the fact that it comes with MLS team decals to apply.

10. SharkV

SharkV New Member

Jan 15, 2003
    Baltimore
    What? Is this thing priced like gasoline, going up every day? I just looked and the MLS foosball table is now listed at $84.99 PLUS shipping. OK, the shipping is only $2.95, but still, $88 ain't $75 "delivered."

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Mine came today. Bitchin! Easy to set up. Well thought out construction. Now I just gotta wait for the weekend for my drinking buddies to come over and help me break it in. I'll get my $75 worth out of it, that's for sure. I see it's now up to $88. If you want a decent home foosball table, you can't beat this deal.

12. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Cool! Looks like I ordered a decent one. I ordered this last night without having read this thread first... I still thought $85 + 2.95 shipping was a GREAT deal and didn't hesitate. Online shops are constantly adjusting prices, so I'm not going to whine over $10, since it seems that everyone that's got one likes it (for the price).

I admit I was a little skeptical about the quality, going in 'blind', but thanks for the reviews! Now I'll be watching for the UPS guy in 5-10 days.

Kevin D.

13. AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Utica NY
    There is no keeper great assembly :p

14. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Teleturn, thanks for the heads up on this one. I just bought it for $82 shipped and will be giving this one to my son for Christmas.

15. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    The whole overstock website is great, they have a lot of deals that are worth looking into.

16. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this has decals for all 10 teams plus an MLS logo decal? Is that correct?

17. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
  18. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a nice 3-4-2-3 going on there.

19. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, what's the latest from you people wo bought the foosball table? Would you do it again? I didn't see anything about the brand or manufacturer. Could some of you proud new owners provide more info than what is on Overstock?

20. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I guess I'll answer my own question....

We got ours a couple days ago, just four days after ordering. When I ordered, it was roughly $92, including shipping. I would do it again. It is definitely not arcade or competion quality -- made in China -- but for the price, I am pleased.

It took me about 90 minutes to assemble (I was drinking), and even came with the necessary tools. I wish it were heavier, and the legs could be more stable, but again, for the price, it's great. Just pick up some heavy pipe and fittings at the hardware store, attach diagonally between the legs, and you can easily make it more stable and heavy.

21. manuluver

manuluver New Member

May 29, 2004
    up your ***
    kinda looks like you put those images there huuuuuuuuh

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Just played mine the other day. It's a great "home" foosball table, and you really can't beat the price. It was well packaged and extremely easy to assemble.