MLS Cup planning -- Get tickets to MLS Cup in the Supporter's Section

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dre00, Nov 11, 2007.

1. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Re: Tickets to MLS Cup in the Supporter's Section

i should neg-rep you for this....grrrrrr. :mad:

Anderson is in my top 10 TA favorites. Nobious is bottom 10. jajajajaja

Nobious - what was total sold in supporters section?

2. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have the list and right now we are at 130 but that number will most definitely go up. I'm hoping we can get more time but I can't get a call back from anyone in DC to save my life to find out for sure.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Re: MLS Cup Dynamo Supporters Section

Section 237 is where the Chicago fans were for the game in DC recently. It's not on the edge of the field and is a bit removed from the action but the sight lines are OK. I hope a bunch of you Dynamo fans come to DC. I've got family in Houston, and though I'm gutted by DC's failure to make the final, I'll root for you guys instead of those slugs from NE.

4. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So... like always, I'm a little late to get on the bandwagon with tickets through the Texian Army. :(

Does this mean I'm screwed? Is there any way I can still get tickets to sit with TA/EB?

5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm sure you're not screwed. The deadline I was told might be extended...I don't know. Even if it isn't, you can always call the DC ticket office and say you want to buy your ticket in the Houston supporters section where all the craziness goes down.

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Re: MLS Cup Dynamo Supporters Section

no it's not, they were in 328 area. Can you imagine if they were in 237 behind Barra lol

7. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to wait to the last minute to find out if I could go.

Now I need 2 tickets in TA section. :)

WOOHOO!

8. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets can indeed be ordered up till Saturday through DC but not through TA that late. We had to stop our online orders because we were getting too many. It takes a while for PayPal to transfer to your bank account and until it does, we can't actually process the order. Anyway, once it's transferred and our initial order of 130 is ordered, we might open it back up. It depends on when the money is finally transferred to our account. If we don't, you can always contact DC directly and tell them you want to stand in the designated Houston supporter's section.

NO. It will be in the 237, 236, 139 general vicinity but we still don't know the exact section.

Check your PM in a bit.

FWIW, we have an order of about 140 between EB and TA already and the DC guy said that 100 people had bought their tickets on-line for the Houston supporter's section. I don't know if all of them actually know what they are getting into but there are about 250 confirmed in the Houston section right now. I'd imagine that number will be between somewhere between 300-400 by the time Sunday roles around.

9. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS Cup planning -- Dynamo Supporters Section in RFK Stadium

I just spoke with someone in DC. They don't know the exact section yet but it will be in the 236, 237 vicinity according to him. Tickets will be delivered promptly at the tailgate at about 10 to 10:30. I'll send out an e-mail later on with details but the biggest thing is get there early because there will be a lot of tickets to hand out and it's going to be a huge pain in the ass if people are showing up at 11:45 and expecting to walk up and get their ticket. In fact, that probably won't be possible.

10. Dutka

Dutka Member

Jul 12, 2007
    H-Town
    Did you talk to an actual DC person?!? I have gotten voice mail and left messages but no return phone calls. I'd just like a confirmation from them that the tickets that I ordered online (through MLS) went through...I don't want to get there and be ticketless. This is stressing me out. Thanks.

11. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

BBBulldog is my favorite non-dynamo poster of all time. Just saying.

Where were we on Memorial Day? I think we were on the same side, but the opp end of the field. Corner still. They were fine stands.

12. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. He's the guy assigned to do group tickets for the SGs. When you say online, do you mean through MLSnet or through TA?

13. Dutka

Dutka Member

Jul 12, 2007
    H-Town
    I bought them through MLSnet....my flight doesn't get in until 10:30 on Sunday morning....so I wouldn't be to the tailgate in time to pick them up. So I went through the supporters section on the MLS site. But I didn't get any kind of confirmation or anything and no return phone calls.....so I was a bit worried.

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

close ;)

15. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We were in 327 or 328 then. The obnoxious kids who kept throwing shit at us where in the 200s directly below us so invision the section where they were but on the other side of where BB stand.

16. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So you're saying I'm getting warm? By all means, if you have some better information...I'm all ears. :D

17. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston

You're right, it was 327. It's going to suck if they end up sticking us in the 200's, I would hope that the supporters from the teams playing could get field level seats.

18. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

I don't think DC has many sections at field level on tv side, they're either SE's or ours.

19. jmalbright

jmalbright New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Houston
    For those who went through MLSNET.com can you tell me where someone would pick their tickets up? I am trying to make sure my friends go to the right spot.

20. Dutka

Dutka Member

Jul 12, 2007
    H-Town
    I heard there would be a "supporters section will call".....but I can't tell you for sure. I ordered mine through MLSnet and I am still awaiting some kind of confirmation.

21. trendkiller

trendkiller New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    If you bought tickets through MLSNet, call customer service on (202) 587-5467.

According to the person I spoke with, they are manually entering orders and are swamped.

22. jmalbright

jmalbright New Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Houston
    Okay thanks for the information. I just left a message. Hopefully we'll hear back soon.

23. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston

You bastards.

24. Hogan's Goat

Hogan's Goat New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Rockville, Maryland
    I am a disappointed United fan, and wish you all the best of luck over New England. I may even be too discouraged to attend the Cup, but I have 3 good seats in Section 304 if anyone is interested.

25. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    How about you and your friends/family come to the game and cheer our team on?
    I think our team and fan's deserve it....