Post-match: MLS Cup 2008

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Nov 23, 2008.

1. papa2mine

papa2mine New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Kalamazoo
    Since OSU sucks.... it's an EZ pick ;-).....

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's pretty obvious that they're talking about the 2006 "World" Cup.

But still, it's pretty cool.

3. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tucker got a lot of nice pictures and video that has just been posted on the black & gold standard that I'd suggest you check out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it fair to say by now that there will not be a Sirk's Notebook for MLS Cup?

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Sirk said elswhere that he was going to get to it after the holidays as he had a lot of material (and if Dunseth was there, I can just imagine:D)....

6. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This picture is hilarious.

[​IMG]

7. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    There will be. I got the California Death Flu at the worst time imaginable and have effectively lost the last several days as I was either sleeping or praying for sleep to rescue me. Except for the time I had pleurisy, this is easily the worst flu I have ever had. It's been merciless.

My brain finally got released back to me a few hours ago, so it's back to work. I've slapped a few things up on Black & Gold Standard this week, but at long last, work is resuming in earnest on the Notebook. It's going to be very, very long.

The team blog has a bunch of random MLS Cup week stuff from me and a few post-Cup entries of stuff that won't be in the NB, so I tried to gradually release random things while in LA and then while in Flu Hell.

My guess is that the Notebook will finally appear tomorrow. Sorry again for the delay. Having my brain and body held hostage immediately after MLS Cup has been far from ideal. Then again, Archer suffered through it while in LA, so I should thank my lucky stars that at least I was lucid while on the west coast.

8. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries. I was just thinking it would be a shame if after all these years the Cup Final was notebook-less. I am happy it will not be.

Get better.