MLS best Midfield

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by rayhbr, Oct 24, 2004.

1. rayhbr

rayhbr New Member

Jan 23, 2003
    alexandria virginia
    What MLS team has the best midfield ? Is it United ? LW Kovalenko,DM Carroll, CM Olsen, CM Gomez, RW Stewart .

2. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no right answer. If you look at Cumblowus' lineup throughout the season, they played with six to eight midfield types (not all playing midfield -- some in defense, some at forward) and they've got the Supporters' Shield. When SJ is on their game, they've got an awesome midfield (assuming Donovan is playing behind Ching and DeRosario).

If you ask a DCUnited supporter the question, though, the answer is clear: DC does. What are you really tring to ask?

GM

3. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if DC has the best players in midfield (objectively speaking--not that that's possible :D ), but the team currently enjoys the best midfield play in the league.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Don't forget Gros and Adu. I like Kovalenko, but man he needs to do better on scoring chances. He had two great opportunities yesterday and botched them both. I'll give Walker credit for playing very well, but he should have put one of them away.

The best midfield is either Columbus or DC. If the Metros could ever get their act together, perhaps they could be up there. On papar it looks good, but not on the field. You'd think a midfield group of Guevara, Gaven, Clark, Vaca, Lisi, Brenes, the Brazilian guy who's name I can never remember (you know the guy who injured his foot this year), and Magee (has played in the midfield this year) could do better. Oh well, poor Metros.

5. I thought both of Dema shots were decent. One was on frame that the goalie blocked with his face. On that one I thought Esky should of shot or carried the ball in a little further to get Walker to commit to him before slotting it to Dema for an easy finish. The other one just missed wide to the right. He did the right thing in keeping it low, he was just unlucky that it went wide.

(At least Earnie didn't put his 20 rows in to the upper deck like he usually does. Man does he have a great smile when he scores}