MLS as CONCACAF's developmental league

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Hax, Jul 18, 2002.

1. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I donno, but the fellow above who stated that Musa Shannon was the kind of talent MLS needs must've been incapacitated at the time.

Zizi Roberts, however, is a good thing.

2. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need more players like Amado Guevara and Carlos Ruiz. They make things interesting, and they add a little bit of melodrama too, having assumed the MLS' "villain" role.

MLS should go after Nunez as well, and maybe some Costa Rican natl team talents as well.

3. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It's a good direction for MLS to go in and should only get bigger and better as they expand. Those CONCACAF players definetly add to MLS. I even think we should go a step higher and give a CONCACAF exemption to the SI rules, like EUFA gives European players. I wouldn't do that now, maybe until MLS has expanded to about 16 teams, but that could really help put MLS as the top leage in CONCACAF IMO.

4. wasdykec

wasdykec Member

May 6, 2002
    Jax, Florida
    Isn't MLS already pretty much the 2nd best league in CONCACAF? I'd say only the mexican league is better, i think we could be better than that league in the next 10 years with american players alone, but thats just my opinion.