MLS Appeal is a topic on PTI

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by falcon6, Aug 5, 2002.

1. MLS appeal is a topic on PTI tonight. We are in trouble, possibly the biggest soccer basher to ever live is filling in for Tony K., the evil Norman Chad. Hopefully, Wilbon will stick up for us. Anyway, let the bashing begin.

2. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    yes, we are in trouble, some reporter from the Washington Post will bash soccer. The sport will die tonight in the US.

3. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad I will see the death of soccer tonight.

4. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The usual straw man - has anyone here actually ever heard someone say that soccer will be the big thing in this country? Because all of these sportscasters must have heard someone say it at some point.

"I was a fool then. I had hair." Wilbon. Ha!

RS

5. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not big change: TK in latest issue of SI "...soccer ends on penalty kicks! It's not a sport!"

6. I was surprised. Norman Chad was kinda quiet about it. He just said something stupid like" the halftime show was better than the soccer". Wilbon was actually more of the guy ragging on it. Saying how it never catches on in the US. Excuse me, but wasnt there over 30k at the stadium in poor weather. It almost seemed like Wilbon was trying to make up for being positive about soccer in the past.

7. QuarkspaceDotCom

Mar 14, 2000
    Deep in the Bluegrass Hinterlands
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Funny...

I didn't notice when Wilbon all-of-a-sudden became white and aged to over 50.

Somebody should call him on that.