MLS All-Star Game [R]

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by kenntomasch, Aug 3, 2002.

1. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    IMHO Lalas did a decent job. He made a few good plays on the defesive end and was unlucky not to have put away one of several headers he put on goal. Burns didn't help the defense at all.

2. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ironic thing is that you could argue that Dema was actually looking out for the long term interests of the Fire, since, if rumors are accurate, the only way Beasley remains a member of the Fire for much longer would be an injury.

I think DaMarcus is headed to Europe. He's indicated that he's interested, and in this particular case, Europe would be insane not to oblige. I much rather see him in England than germany though.

Right before the il-advised challenged from Kovalenko, Beasley had just beaten 5 guys off the dribble.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Veronica's defense, she had a great interview with Harkes.

4. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Was it old age or a representation of how comparatively weak the USMNT defense was back then? OTOH, the offense improved somewhat, at least with the headers. ;)

5. todda74

todda74 New Member

Nov 4, 2001
    Annapolis
    that dribbling clinic that Voros mentioned was probably the best play of the game, too bad Dema cleared Beasley out because it looked like Beas was about to break it down the sideline.

I think the defense looked bad when Lalas came in was because he was always up front.

6. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I think this experience strongly influences your opinion. I was at Foxboro the night we played San Jose and lightning hit the beer stand right in front of me and I still think it would be bad for soccer. It should be played in all kinds of weather unless it's dangerous for the players (like the other day with lightning or if the pitch is covered in snow or frozen.)

Soccer was NOT meant to be played indoors.

7. kpear75775

kpear75775 New Member

Jan 22, 2002
    E. Bridgewater, MA
    Amsterdam Arena, retractable roof
    WC Stadium in Sapporo, dome
    Vitesse, retractable roof
    And believe it or not, most baseball stadiums are still open air facilities.

8. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Um, Kenn, have you watched any Fire games this year? Or maybe we disagree on what the word "well" means.

9. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I remember this vividly, as I was sitting with the Bolivian fans in the north end zone. Let's just say the weren't overly thrilled with the sending off.

I hate to beat this to death, but Dema: What are you doing?

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I was at the game so I have a legit gripe about it though.