Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well it's been a while but think I need to treat myself to a pair of Mizunos for the new season!

Prices have gone up a bit since I was last in the market for any though so could do with a bit of assistance from you good people in finding myself a good deal. Can remember the days when it seemed a bit steep paying nearly £150+ for a pair of MiJ Morelias but now it's looking almost double that in places and would have to pay that price for a pair of crappy Nike or adidas.

Now I am rather taken by the new Blue/Gold coloured Morelia but best price I can find (PDS) is £260, failing that I could settle for either the white/blue/yellow or black/white/blue for about £200, then cheapest I can find anywhere is the classic white/black/red for about £170. Not sure if any of you on here are aware of any deals anywhere that might be able to better those prices?

Also, quite like the look of those new Black/Red Rebulas they have on PDS, again at £260, but can't say I know a lot about them. They something worth considering as an alternative, though obviously not any betterment on price there unfortunately.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Welcome back!
    I don't know if you saw but I recently got the black/red Rebula 3s. been loving them so far.

I love those Blue/Gold Morelias as well, they look excellent. I think as far as markdowns for the Morelia IIs, your best bet is to try and get some through Rakuten and using a forwarding service.

peridz repped this.
  3. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I did see your picture, they do look fantastic and it's pretty much what put them into consideration!

I tried having a quick look on Rakuten yesterday but only saw the two original black or white ones on there, always a bit of a pain trying to work out the true cost with VAT and duties included too.

4. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    mizuno Malaysia online shop retailing the Rebula 3 and morelia II MIJ at RM999 (about GBP200)

but the setbacks to EU from ASIA is the custom duties.....

if send as a gift item, will be duty/custom free?

5. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just had a quick look into this and the thresholds for gifts are pretty low unfortunately. Anything over £39 incurs the 20% VAT and then anything over £135 also incurs Import Duty as well, had a quick look and with those extra charges it comes up around the same price as buying from PDS. Thanks for the offer though!

Just seems crazy the prices for top end boots these days, last couple pairs I've got were just from the Nike or adidas outlets that are like 5 minutes from my house but playing more regularly again now so thought I'd treat myself.

6. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Could always order off of rakuten if the exchange rate is favourable to you

7. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Doesn't look like it's going to stack up once you add on duty and VAT.

Surprised to see there looks to be less choice on Rakuten too, can't see the blue Morelia or the new Rebuba like Derby has on there at all.

8. asianboy

asianboy Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Have to change the delivery location to Japan and use a forwarding service. But that's true, if customs puts duties on it then it isn't worth it. I somehow get lucky and they don't slap duties on my Mizunos when delivered here to Canada.

9. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Nejc Perko linked this site here just while ago. I get my Rebulas delivered tomorrow and can check if I get a discount voucher for you. At least it's an additional option for you to check if you decide to wait, shame that the big discount just ended.

https://www.11teamsports.com/de-de/p/mizuno-morelia-ii-md-made-in-japan-ltd-schwarz-f02

I really like that colorway.

10. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Crazily enough the Blue/Morelias didn't get released here and the Black/Red Rebulas were limited to 500 pairs here.

11. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's where I'd found the other older colour combinations at better prices, well their ebay store rather than the main website, pretty sure I used them to get my old Morelia Neos when they were first released too.

12. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Picked up a pair of the new MIJ Morelia Neo IIs (black/blue atoll) and they feel fantastic so far.

I've posted a bunch here about how I prefer the fit of the MII Neos but I think these are changing my mind. I did size up a half size for the MIJ version. The previous MIJ Neos I had (yellow/black colorway) I ordered in the same size as the MII Neos and they were too small to even try and make work, and believe me I tried. Sized up half a size from the MII version this time and they feel fantastic so far. I'm a little worried about stretch but I've never really found that to be an issue with the Neos considering this is now my seventh pair of them.

derbyyank13 and kiongsm repped this.
  13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    indeed, the black-atol blue is in my radar......perfect match for my team kit (blue-black)

14. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    new Morelia Neo Beta (silver-gold) to be release on Mon, 05-Aug, 3pm JP local time......

derbyyank13 repped this.
  15. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    imagine the 2020 release in black-out......WOW!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    They look really quite good! IMG_20190805_151118.jpeg

newone88 repped this.
  17. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    One session played using the new MiJ Rebulas and quite simply I love them. Will be using these on grass and Neo 2s on AG matches. The first Rebulas were okay, but these are better in everything. Was especially positively surprised by the amount of lockdown, maybe some of it is because of the tongue.

I feel no stud pressure, but I use my currex cleatpro sole with all shoes anyway, don't know if that helps with it.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    #4144 Shrapnac, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    I ordered a pair, I have no self control.

Well "ordered" anyway, need to wait and see if there's stock left by tomorrow since I ordered from ProDirect UK and I'm in the US.

Edit: And because of my lack of self control I've now cancelled my ProDirect UK order and ordered the boots from soccer.com because it saved me about $50.

derbyyank13 and kiongsm repped this.
  19. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I'm happy you like them so much. They are definitely a massive improvement over the other Rebulas.

Those currexsoles are pretty good too, used to sell them at my old job.
    Man, I'm so close to ordering a pair but I know I really shouldn't.

Lepari repped this.
  20. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Wait for the black ones....;)

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Oh I think I will.

22. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    bottom left......the black-out, later......or next SS2020

sec01.jpg

newone88 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. Lepari

Lepari Member

Jul 11, 2015
    The Betas received nice reviews from Unisport and Josh, but I can't see why I would buy them (unless I just collect shoes). I think they'll be either less durable or at most as durable as the regular Neo. They offer less protection and they only weigh something like 3 to 4 grams less. Mesh instep doesn't sound as good as artificial leather either.

Maybe I'm just not one of those who are excited to chase the most barefoot feeling in football boots. If someone will play in the Betas I'm interested to hear your opinion :)

24. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    If you translate the official Mizuno page, it's the 3rd rebuild project, apparently neo beta originates from Morelia UL.....it seems to me, they should have kept to the original UL design....hmmmm

derbyyank13 and temesgen repped this.