Mizuno Boot Thread [2]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by ctoa23, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the old one was getting rather long, here's the new thread.

The previous can be found here:https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778817

Please post everything Mizuno-related here (except for questions on sizing/etc, which should instead go in the Boot Questions Thread.

And.....GO!

2. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some one get that post off. Fakes should never be made, sold, bought, or worn. If you wear any fakes, I feel embarrassed for you.

3. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post has been deleted, and the poster has been red-carded.

4. bassboi

bassboi Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    do the three lines(morelia, shinkin, ghost striker) of mizuno boots offer good arch support? i have somewhat flat feet but it never really bothers me while i am playing, only during distance running. do you feel that they offer more or less support compared to the nikes, pumas, and adidas lines. even though i know mizuno offers some of them most comfortable boots out there, i am just curious to see how they compare in that regard.

5. nafets

nafets New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Örebro
    Club:
    Orebro SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I'm thinking about ordering a pair of Mizunos from PDS.
    Right now i'm sporting a pair of blue Asics tigreor and is looking for a pair of leather boots as a complement. Kinda like Puma King X'Ls.
    I have my eyes on a pair of white Morelia FG's on sale.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-008-002&DEPT=2&BRAND=8

My question is if there's any difference between Morelias and Morelia Pros or is it just two different names for the same boot?
    And is it a shoe that is to recommend before Puma Kings XL which is my option?

Cheers

6. toeball

toeball Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Morelias are made in China, Morelia Pros are made in Japan. I believe the Pros have a shorter stud and maybe a little lighter. Hopefully kiongsm will chime in. He's the Mizuno expert.

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    thks for the compliment :)

u r right on the 2 aspects abv

the japan-made morelias has a wider tongue, even if u removed the velcro (which i did to prevent damages to the laces), it still stay foldover nicely

the japan-made has a very soft n smooth ankle/heel lining compared to the MD (china-made) which uses a microfibre material tht aint' smooth but u won't feel less comfotable

if price is not an issue, i'd highly recommend the japan-made morelias....it's just a class above!

both fit the same

cheers

8. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    hello guys... i am new.. i have a pair of moreila's UL and i am looking to buy a new one, from which website should i order? thanks

9. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  10. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    thanks kiongsm for replying., but i want another site because PDS has run out of my size.

11. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  12. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
  13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    yes, pls refer/trace this and previous thread thoroughly

one member ordered the morelia EL (wht/red)

took 4 - 5 days to reach him

sent via Express Mail Service (EMS) which is the japanese national courier service....u can check out: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html

the weight is about 750 - 800gm

fill in the blanks and u'll get an estimate cost n delivery time

when u order thru' the site, they will send u an email from rakuten intl

then an email from the shop to advise on postage for you to confirm

once dispatched, they send the tracking nbr

rgdg the shop:
    http://www.rakuten.co.jp/sportsguide/554524/582074/#1478339

u can either order via email to them:
    mnobe@sportsguide.jp or snonaka@sportsguide.jp
    state the boot name, articel nbr (12KP#####), size (in cm)
    he will ask you to confirm (advising u on boot $$$ + postage)
    payment via PayPal
    ask him to send the EMS tracking nbr

or via rakuten international:
    http://en.item.rakuten.com/sportsguide/1478339/vm=2&f=1&tl=302254&sid=208935&k=morelia ul

this shop is reliable and dependable

i'd ordered a few pairs from them.....another member (from italy) also did

AND YES, these are OFFICIAL n' ORIGINAL boots, not some fakes stuffs

good luck :)

14. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i'm the one who has ordered the Morelia EL thru the japanese site and I have to say that the shipping was prompt and the cost was relatively low for such a nice boot like that. it came to about 160 dollars total.

i also ordered a pair of asics calcetto trainers thru the japanese site but presumably thru a different boutique. another very good expierience, ordered the trainers on tuesday and they were in my house by saturday morning. the guys that correspond with you speak english so you can ask them any questions you have or how long it will approximately take, etc. good expierience overall.

EDIT: kiong, i don't know if you are talking about me as the other member who has ordered thru rakuten but i'm in the U.S. currently, and ordered my boot to the US. only in italy during summer. =)

15. hk-cahill

hk-cahill New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Other than the rubber vamps what are the major diffences between the Wave Shinken 1 and 2. Is the 2 more flexible because of the improved rubber vamps.

Also I have narrowed my next Mizuno boot down to Moreila (China made), Ghost Striker or Wave Shinken (1/2): Could someone please explain the leather of each boot, width/length, and the overall performance of each.

Thanks

16. trivela

trivela New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Club:
    AC Bellinzona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wave shinken line - shinken 1 has a big section of rubber, as opposed to individual rubber thing on the shinken 2. the rubber material on the shinken 1 does cover like half the front foot it does take a lot longer to break in b/c this material is stiff. shinken 2 is more flexibile but the leather is not butter soft so it takes 3-4 session to break in, but the durability is good. shinken 2 is really great for long passing and shooting, but it is a very light boot so it's still good for everything else. i like the outsole too b/c the studs work well in bad condition.

morelia - i have a pair of china made morelia and it is a really great all around boot. light, very easy on the feet, good soft kangaroo leather, pretty durable too. only downside on this boot for me is that the studs are long for round studs, but after a few month they wear down anyway. good comparison is a much lighter adidas copa mondial

ghost - my mate has these, he swears by them. synthetic + kangaroo construction has the same outsole as the shinken but fits a little wider according to some ppl on the board. they are really light (close to 8oz) and soft. i know naruto has this boot so maybe PM him and ask how he likes it.

best thing u should do mate is measure your foot in cm and see how long it is. then use a japanese sizing chart to see where you would be. ex 25.3cm - 25.5 japanese size, depending on how you like the boot to fit. people say the model fit differently but my shinken and both model of my morelia are same size and they feel good.

honestly i don't see you going wrong with any choice you make. i was hesitant to get the shinken b/c i thought they would be heavy like predator but they are just as light as my old vapor and feel like clouds on my feet. the morelia is around the same weight and the ghost is even lighter but still retains high comfort factor.

i'm sure kiong will help u out as well

17. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have both Wave Shinken 1 and 2 and ghost striker 2, and I have to say this, the ghost striker leather is thinner and the touch is better. However not as durable as the Wave shinken, which has more support and has thicker leather, however this does not effect the touch. If I would have to pick between either or though its the Ghost strikers hands down. Amazing boot, I have many many high end boots and this one out does them all. In comfort and performance, only thing lacking would be the durability but I've used em quite a bit but they are still holding. I think they'll last me for a while, but I love them so much I can't stop using them :p

18. hk-cahill

hk-cahill New Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Thanks Guys, yeah im looking out for the white/green ghost strikers, has anyone seen those I dont think they ever popped up on PDS. Also i came across some Ghost Striker MD, what are they like and there differences to the current model, it appears they dont have a carbon fibre sole and the leather doesnt appear as soft, however that might just be the photos.

19. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Great advise n' testimonies, fellow mizunians!

if at all possible, hv them all!

shinken, morelia n' GS > ALL fantastic, top quality boots

wht/grn GS? i doubt it, but they do hv the wht/green/ylw shinken 2 in rakuten Japan

shinken n' morelia fit almost the same, tho' morelia is a little tighter

GS is the widest

length wise, all 3 is the same

follow trivela sizing tip: measure foot in cm then round up to the next 0.5

u can be sure tht the 2009 SS release will soon be in PDS.....there could be a nike MV IV similar release of the GS, n' some new colors of the shinken 2

cheers

20. omega supreme

omega supreme New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    With regards to durability my Ghost strikers are on their way out after 4 months! One of the eyes (the second on up on the instep) was ripped out by a particularly bad tackle, now the one below and above are slowly ripping out as well.
    Obviously im a very dissapointed with the durability of the boot, but otherwise i had no problems with them. Do you think i should speak to Mizuno about it?

21. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    well, it's always worth trying

but if it's due to "trauma" ie. forced over-stretch as a result of a tackle then any other boots will also ripped...tht might be less likelihood of being compensated

nonetheless, no harm trying

btw, check this out: wave incision 2 FG
    http://en.item.rakuten.com/spolan/1...p-83215&sm=2&vm=2&f=1&tl=302260&sid=197307&k=

50% off.....same features as the shinken 2 but using the Pittard WR100 leather instead

22. RICHan

RICHan New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    what's the cheapest place to get wave shinken 2s or ghost striker 2s?

PDS is out of my size (9, 9.5 us) for anything under $100, and I'd rather not order from rakuten.

23. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I thought I'd chime in on this. I agree with most of what trivela wrote, except perhaps with the statement that the Copa are much lighter than the Morelia. The Copa are actually one of the heavier boots on the market at 11.7 ounces while the China-made Morelia weigh less than 9 ounces (250 grams). I do agree however that the conical studs are on the long side. The leather is very soft and the touch is great; they are cut high so your foot will feel nicely "hugged" around the lower ankle. They don't have much stitching so mine did mold nicely to the shape of my foot but perhaps allowed too much stretching sidewise; the sides of my feet kind of hang off the soleplate. Per kiongsm's feedback, I understand the Japan-made Morelia has both shorter studs and a tighter fit. Overall, they are still an awesome boot and you'd be very happy with it.

I also own the Ghost Striker I and it's an awesome boot as well. I like the split soleplate of the GS II but I found it too "bulky" in the toe area while the GS I has a perfect low, streamlined profile. While I'm normally against classifying boots as suitable for defenders or forwards, etc., I have to say the GS is a pure speed and finesse boot. It's very light at 210 grams and has a perfect touch; there's hardly anything between you and the ball. I've had mine for about 2 yrs now and I've been patching it up here and there, but considering the abuse it takes on turf and how light it is, I can't complain about its durability.

Lastly, I want to recommend perhaps my favorite: the Morelia Wave. I've never seen it on PDS but you can easily get it from the Japanese retailer kiongsm recommended. The boot is made in Japan, looks class, extremely light, has a heel counter and has a sexy low cut, and cross-sectional stitching which keeps the shape perfectly. It's pretty much a perfect soccer boot; I can't think of one thing to complain about this boot. It runs just a tiny bit smaller than the rest of the Mizuno boots so you might want to go half a size up. I didn't and it's still ok but I have to wear the thinnest socks I have to be able to play comfortably. I love this baby tough. Simply awesome.

24. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    check these out from rakuten intl

some fantastic offers

they ship via EMS (avg 4 - 5 days) with online tracking at each point

Neogrado LW (similar to the GS, but without wave and split sole)
    http://en.item.rakuten.com/kinsendo/940618/sm=1&vm=1&f=1&tl=302260&sid=192603&k=

wave incision II (same specs as the shinken II but different upper material)
    http://en.item.rakuten.com/fun/10003345/sn=fun:12kp-83215&sm=1&vm=1&f=1&tl=302260&sid=198014&k=

many more....pls browse on...
    http://search.borderless.rakuten.co...en&tl=302260&m=false&uc=true&vm=1&f=1&sm=1&k=

25. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC