Milwaukee Road Trip Update

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by SamPierron, Aug 1, 2002.

1. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The cheap Midwest Express flight has lapsed. The cheapest way to get to Milwaukee now (and this is what Mike Gaughan, my girlfriend, Keith and I will be doing) is to fly to O'Hare and rent a car. It's $80 for the flight, and $20/day for the car rental.

No bus, sorry.

2. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone driving up?

3. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lisa and I are.

4. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I take it no one else is going? To bad I guess it will be fun.

5. SamPierron

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Mike, Keith, Katie and I are.

6. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking of going, unfortunately my only option is to carpool with someone and it doesn't sound like there is that much interest in driving up. :(

7. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I am still interested.

8. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Its a rough trip but a drive to saint Louis can get you a round trip amtrak ticket for $90.

9. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I might be making this trip. I'd drive with matt.

10. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Thats the spirit.

11. SamPierron

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, guy and gals, carpool up. If my business doesn't need it for the weekend (I run a Lawrence-KCI shuttle), I'd let someone take the van if it means 5 or 6 people get up there that wouldn't otherwise.

12. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I'm working out details right now. My trip to CO may have fallen through. If so I'll be at the Wiz game 8/18, move my crap to Rolla some time that week and be able to make the trip for the game. Gotta high tail back though, cause I start school on 8/26 and after I get to KC I still got 3 more hours to school.

13. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Ben, we might have to drive straight on back to make sure we have plenty of time for school. 3 people in a car, one in the back seat sleeping, 1 driver, 1 navigator/keep driver awake. It can be done.

14. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sam have you gotten your tickets yet?

15. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Willing driver.

I know that I don't know anyone from the boards much more than you know me, but I'm looking for some carpool mates. I'm cool with driving up and driving back, or driving, staying and celebrating our victory, and then driving back. I just need to know what we're doing.

If you're interested, call me or e-mail me (316-393-5227 or jroushkolb@cox.net) and let me know so we can work out the details.

Thanks, and GO WIZARDS!

16. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    heres the deal. sams van isnt available. so we either a) get in groups of four and take our cars or b) rent one of those long vans.

I personally like the car idea. I think I've got four togher already. Me, Matt (ojsgillt), Kevin (KCSalty) and Derek (Lucid).

Can you three varify that you are for sure gonna go? If so, then another group needs to hook up, get a car and follow us up.

17. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come early, stay a night in Madison (home of the University of WI) and then head to Brew Town on Saturday (1.5 hour drive). Madison will be crazy on that Friday night, Badgers football home opener. Hell, I might even buy you guys a pitcher or two if we managed to hook up. Either way, see you in Brew Town on the 24th.

18. SamPierron

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't bought tickets yet. I'll call the Rampage tomorrow and work out where we're going to sit...I'll try to get them to set something aside.

19. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Man, I really wish I could go, but there's no way around work that weekend.

20. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Looks like I might be able to go after all.

21. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    As of now if there's a ride for me (w/ Ben) I'm in, but still wondering what the cost estimates will be.

22. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    How many miles is it to Milwuakee from here?

23. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yahoo says 609 miles from Lawrence. We're looking at about an 8 hour trip.

24. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    ok, I think that Ben's car gets somewhere above 300 miles to the tank, so that is 4 tanks round trip. At about Lets say it is $30 ( I am estimating high) a tank. Since there will be for of us we each pay for one tank. I think it is about $10 a ticket so that brings the total up to $40 + food/beer. 24 pack (6 a peice) Bud light is $13.49 call it 14.75 with tax/4= $3.69. We can cook out there, I will bring Burgers, Someone bring Brawts, somebody else bring chips, someone else bring charcoal, I have the grill, say that cost every body approximately another $4.00. Two twelve packs of Soda for the car ride and that is another $1.50 bucks a peice. Bring whatever food you want for yourself in the car.

I think I am estimating high when I say you can make it on this trip for $49.19 and whatever food you bring in the car. That price includes, Burgers, Brawts, Chips, Gas, Tickets, 6 bud lights and Soda for the car.

25. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    wow matt, why PolySci and not mathematics??? ;)

Kevin: Let me know either this week or at the game Saturday if you're riding with us. If not, I'll offer the spot to Chad.