Miller the midfield messiah?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Zacatecas, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Zacatecas

Zacatecas New Member

Dec 31, 2002
    Here's a couple of excerpts from the BBC report on the Celtic v Anderlecht Champions League game today.

Within five minutes the home side had doubled their advantage when a long ball from Jackie McNamara was headed into the path of Miller by Hartson and the young Irishman hammered an angled shot into the net from 10 yards.

Miller, 22, was at the heart of Celtic's most promising moves as he broke from midfield to get behind the Anderlecht defence time after time.

A deep cross from Miller had keeper Daniel Zitka beaten but the lunging Larsson could not turn the ball in at the back post.

Miller broke clear again in the 42nd minute and found Larsson with his back to goal inside the six yards but the striker's attempted back flick was blocked.

Sure is nice to read reports like that. Probably shouldn't get our hopes up too much as it's still early days, but he could be the missing link.

2. e_k1

e_k1 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Germany
    Miller's playing really well lately and those who've seen the U21's play will already know how talented he is. Having watched an ex-Irish midfielder play well on Tuesday night, it was refreshing to watch a future one play even better last night!

As for the Canada match, well Kerr has indicated that he will be bringing new players through.

3. WishyWashy

WishyWashy New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Miller was exceptional last night & impresses me more every time I see him. His control is wonderful and he never seems to give away possession. He also scraps for balls he shouldn't win despite his size and runs all day. I am really looking forward to seeing him in the senior Ireland team for a friendly, watch out Canada.
    Despite all that I think Kerr was right not to have him in the team for the Switzerland game, although a place on the bench would not have been a waste, it was not a time for experiements. It really bugged me to see Dunphy on tv last night saying that he should have been played that day as he is a wonderful player. Just once I'd like Billo to say "well tell us about him Eamon, his development, where he began etc." because you know damn well that Eamo never heard of him until the week before the Swiss match, when those better informed of players outside of the Manchester United first team were calling for his inclusion!

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Problem is, Bill knows NOTHING about football at all, and he openly admits it

5. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Things are going well for Andy Reid in that department as well atm - Division One Player of the Month despite his team's poor form.