Milan v. Genoa pre/dur/post match [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the second half was compete and utter domination. great game by really the whole squad. should have had a penalty, plus at least an extra goal or two if our finishing was just halfway decent. good win, nonetheless and now have moved up to 6th spot with 2 games in hand, and are 6 points back of udinese for fifth, though still 10 of fiorentina for fourth spot.

23 shots to their 10 and 65-35 possession. pretty good game i felt. still, though, other teams will punish that shoddy finishing. pato gives milan an extra dimension for sure.

3. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    i really like pato
    he's fun to watch

4. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nobody mentioned yet, but Oddo had a really nice display for a change. If he keeps this up we might have one of our biggest problems solved.

5. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    glad to hear pato is doing well..........have to wait later tonight to watch the game

3 goals in 3 games so far so good

6. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  7. island.

island. New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Austria
    Club:
    AC Milan
    1st half seemed like a typical milan-game to me. genoa always gets 8-10 men behind the ball, the middle is closed and we have no targets in the box for any crosses.
    but we started really well into the 2nd, ambro playing much more striker than anything else. :cool:
    he really worked hard today and maldini (playing a whole match, when was the last time that this did happen?) and oddo (wow @ the pace and tackling vs boriello in the 2on2 counter) did a good job. i really hope they can keep up with this.

8. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, the good things about this game is that we got some poor calls, had poor finishing, and I didn't feel like pirlo, seedorf, or kaka had great games (yeah in the second half they were pretty good, but they can do better), and we didn't have janks there on the left (though maldini did pretty good). that really makes me feel good about this game. milan can play much better, yet still soundly beat a solid team that was on good form.

oh, and mak9, it is 3 goals in 4 games, but still really good. as i said, he gives a new dimension with his pace and his movement (he quite intelligent how he peels off markers, especially on those deep balls).

9. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    We sucked and still won, shows Genoa is medicore team.

10. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
    [​IMG] - [​IMG]
    Italian Serie A
    AC Milan vs. Genoa
    Sunday January 27, 15:00 (CET)
    Stadio Giuseppe Meazza ‘San Siro’, Milan

Goals

1-0 Pato (Min 68)
    Click Here for Video

2-0 Pato (Min 82)
    Click Here for Video

Extras

Pato Chance (Min 24)
    Click Here for Video

Pato Chance (Min 27)
    Click Here for Video

Pato Miss (Min 29)
    Click Here for Video

Pirlo Shoot (Min 32)
    Click Here for Video

Seedorf Miss (Min 47)
    Click Here for Video

AC Milan Penalty Claim (Min 54)
    Click Here for Video

Pato Shoot (Min 59)
    Click Here for Video

11. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    i miss 1 game and pato scores twice?!?!
    im gonna need a link to the full game guys!

12. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well we stepped it up in the second half, but i'm kind of dissappointed that we were so pedestrian in the first half.

13. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Yes, we played much better in the 2nd half... Still got say.........we let many chance go wasting.

Finishing was so-so

Pato inital shot on the 2nd goal was poor, but luckily he got a good bounce off the save and was able to put away the ball in the net.

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oh, no doubt i agree, the finishing was atrocious, there were 4-5 sitters and some other golden opportunities that were all botched, but this game chances were created in abundance. i think that is a good sign in and of itself. plus, it was almost like you could see pato's confidence growing as the game went along. at the end, he was really settled and in his element it seemed. that was the most positive from this game in my book (besides the 3 points of course).

also, it must be said, pato's movement and pace and ability compared to gila's is immense. pato can create the space, and run into it, etc. whereas versus bunker defenses, gila is basically just standing still and gives no target whatsoever to hit. pato also draws players away so seedorf and kaka can get forward and have some space, which is a necessity in the 4-3-2-1, those 2 guys behind the striker have to be able to provide something going forward into the box even. he looked good, though again, like most youngsters, he could very easily follow this performance up with a stinker, but he does provide something the attack has been lacking it must be said. now if milan could just get some consistent wide play, it would be good.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what's important is that we got the 3 points.

However Fiorentina scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes and continue to have a 10 point lead over us.

However next week is Fiorentina-Milan, we have to slow them down.

16. Milaniac

Milaniac Member

May 12, 2007
    It'll be interesting to see if Milan can defend the counter attack if Fiorentina use their 3 striker formations, Mutu is dangerous. As for the Milan game vs Genoa I am happy for the points, and if it wasn't for late brilliance which seems to be elusive to Milan in the late second half. For some reason Carlo hates Yoan, no reason to solidify the defense with both Broch and Emerson a man up with 2 goals. Of course the Ref blew the game for us and we should have had more goals, also the fault of Pato. His finishing is terrible and was lucky to score his second thanks to a fine display of goal keeping :D. Our defense played well today and were lucky not to concede at least one goal but Bor blew it. Nesta was solid except for the happy feet on the sideline as the last man back, that was smart. Oddo's first 3 crosses found nothing, with his 2nd crosses a whole lot better.

Pato......He will be a great player. Has the speed of a striker, just not the finishing. He sometimes displays the creativity and ball control of a center forward, just not the strength needed with defensive pressure.

17. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pato's 2nd goal was flukey but really he would have had it anyway if Rubinho didnt handle the ball outside the box and get a red card.

Really Pato could have scored 4 goals today if his finishing was perfect. He's 18 though, I have no doubt in my mind he'll get it.

Also Oddo and Maldini had fantastic games today! They looked great on the flanks especially Oddo, i think hes determined to get back on track.

18. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What I found really cool is how Pato got through Genoa's offside line in his second goal. The thing was really tight, he had to keep tracking back and looking at the defender that was at the opposite side of the pitch before receiving the pass for the run.

19. hectorcrib

hectorcrib Member

Mar 27, 2007
    In a 6.0
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, I was impressed by that too. Many players tend to mess up, but Pato times it fairly good. Thats one of his good abilities.

20. Milaniac

Milaniac Member

May 12, 2007
    Yes he is very impressive, and does things better than Gilardinho at the age of only 18.

21. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    missed the game... will catch the repeat on fsc whenever it happens... glad we won...

although seems like pato needs to work on his finishing...

22. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Anyone who says Pato's finishing is terrible hasn't watched him before Milan. He has the finishing touch of a Crespo or Shevchenko at the age of 18. His Milan career has been strange as he is constantly slipping and falling as he shoots, but once he gets his footing you'll see some outrageous finishes.

23. island.

island. New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Austria
    Club:
    AC Milan
    he is creating a lot and eventually he scores. i'm highly satisfied with the kid.

for the match i'd like to add that we should squeeze more out of our dead-ball situations. pirlo has so much skill, but especially in this game we did not look dangerous at all from freekicks-into-the-box and corners.

24. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    indeed....i hope he aims for a pace of 1 goal per game....because he has the speed and finishing to do it.

but at the end of the day one has to realize he's the same age as a high school kid.....so milan have to be careful with his development and his health

25. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    It's funny how some said he should have scored a few of those easy sitters, well if he had he would have about 6 goals right now in 4 games. A little too high of expectations?

I mean really who expects someone to score more than a goal a game? Even the Great Ronaldo didn't do it in his prime.