Milan defense lacks

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by mr. magoo, Aug 16, 2002.

1. mr. magoo

mr. magoo New Member

Oct 26, 2001
    Italy
    when ball arrives in defense is nearly goal, the team suffers, lacks a great defender, is canted in ahead, must mark many goals, otherwise....

2. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    So Maldini isn't top class? oh I get it. SImic is a veteranthird place world cup dude, and Roque Junior is a veteran wc 1st place finisher.Kaladze is quite good too. Your right, it isn't the best, but it's not bad, especially with Rivaldo, Tomasson, Shevshenko, Inzaghi, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Seedorf, Serginho, and Contra in your offense! Not that I support mIlan or anything...

3. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Maldini is past his best.
    Roque Junior is accident prone.
    Laursen is shaky.
    Kaladze is slow.
    Simic is too passive.

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yeah, but ...

is canted in ahead, must mark many goals, otherwise....

:)

5. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    no unit of Ancelotti's team can play organized football... :rolleyes:
    during the first half vs. Liberec the rossoneri were pressing the opponents in their own half and you still could sense there was a gap between midfield and forwards :rolleyes:
    that happens when your central midfielders are Gattuso and Ambrosini,never able to control and deliver a pass with reasonable timing,and Rui Costa constantly drifts toward the sidelines to make his plays

6. ArmanAgha

ArmanAgha New Member

Nov 17, 2001
    im a Juve fan too... but hey, have some fair judgement.. Rui Costa showed great skill in that match, he was obviously much better than anybody else on the field... his dribbling, passing and control of the midfield was spectacular, one of the best matches ive seen from that player

as for milan, i think their central defense is not bad, i mean, Maldini is still great, and Roque Junior is also good, but Laursen is very shaky... i saw the match against Juve, he was not impressive at all.. their backs are not consistent either, Kaladze is horrible when he goes forward while Simic has not shown that he can handle the starting role yet... i think Contra is a good right back though and should be used over Simic

7. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you miss typed that. It should read : and Laursen is also good, but Roque Junior is very shaking...

Just becuase RJ played OK in the World Cup for Brazil does not mean he will suddenly be a great player for Milan. You can't judge a player by seven games of football you need a full season. IMO Laursen showed with Milan last year he can be a very strong center back with a lot of potential while RJ showed that he can be extremely inconsistent with the occasional blunder. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Laursen is of the quality of a Nesta or Cannavaro but I think he is better than Roque Junior.

8. ArmanAgha

ArmanAgha New Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Spartak, of what ive seen this year, Laursen is not reliable, he makes the worst decisions and just clears the ball, roque junior plays with his head and will be used ahead of laursen in starting line-up if healthy, but he is not healthy right now so milan will have to do with laursen... but they have recenty called costacurta back, who is 36... because of RJ injury, i think ancellotti didnt want to risk it and wants another centerback in his squad for champions league matches and posssibly seria a if rj is not back by then

9. Kambiz_BAHAL

Kambiz_BAHAL New Member

NOT ANYMORE! ROFLMAO

Nesta, Maldini, Roque Junior, Simic, Costacurta, COntra, Kaladze, Laursen... ROFLMAo...GO MILAN!

10. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contra----Nesta----Maldini---Kaladze

I can live with this ;)

11. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    no you can't!

Contra joins Athletico Madrid for € 8 millions

12. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atletico already used up thier quota of Milan players(4 max). If they want Contra they have to gives us someone back.

13. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BLAH!

When did this deal go down?

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: BLAH!

It didn't happen.

15. Kambiz_BAHAL

Kambiz_BAHAL New Member

uh yes it did

we have Simic, in right back position... if we play 3 man, Roque Junior can be on right side... or Nesta...

Roque Junior-Nesta-Maldini is the best in my idea though.. but if we play with 4 we can have SImic-Roque Junior-Nesta-Maldini... or Simic-Nesta-Maldini-Kaladze