Mid-East News II

Discussion in 'International News' started by Ismitje, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I guess you needed to show that you understand that correlation doesn't imply causation, something that anyone who has studied even basic level statistics would have learned. Good. But what does that have to do with my post? I didn't offer a theory; I didn't say that being friends with the US causes a decline in the status of women in the applicable state. Instead, by way saying mind your own business, I offered a simple factual observation: that being friends with the US and having a government supported by the US hasn't helped the plight of women in these countries in the region (compared to Iran). Now, it is quite possible that friendship with the US isn't to blame. But regardless it hasn't helped much either. And if someone is truly mindful of sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, they should perhaps start with US allies such as Saudi Arabia which probably don't even have a freaking women's futsal national team and all the others who combine to earn a fraction of the medals Iran's women earn in athletic (not to mention academic) competitions.

Incidentally, looking into this story, I just found out that not only the Iranian women futsal team has made the final of the Asian championship despite apparently missing their captain, but along the way they have scored one of the all-time best goals in women futsal competition.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/26/watch...reatest-futsal-team-goal-of-all-time-5408427/
    Watch the Iranian women national team score the greatest futsal team goal of all time

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/26/watch...-team-goal-of-all-time-5408427/#ixzz3mqU33m1v

2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Millions of Saudi women not being able to leave home without their husbands' "permission" is not news, one jealous asshole Iranian husband using some loophole in the law to delay his wife's passport renewal is news.

Meanwhile Iran are crowned the Asian champions after beating Japan in the final.

[​IMG]

3. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    It's reassuring to know there is only one asshole in Iran! :p

JBigjake repped this.
  4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Can't wait to see the little tyke play for England!

6. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Past postings have suggested that IM left the USA & returned to Iran some years ago, under unclear circumstances. He has mentioned remarriage, & may well have obtained a sinecure in the Ministry of Propaganda, allowing him sufficient bandwidth to start many Iran threads on BigSoccer. What part this all plays in the ongoing proxy wars between the USA & IRI is also unclear.

7. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    #2733 JBigjake, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  8. watermelon1

watermelon1 Red Card

Aug 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AKP have won the elections in Turkey.

Hands down the best party in the country despite the controversy in the last years

some people keep whining about the lack of democracy but every time they win they win because the people actually vote on them. Each time despite all media manipulaitons and lies, they actually win.

and considering how terrible the opposition is the akp might rule for another 100 years.

Umar repped this.
  9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair the media manipulation is done by the AKP, but even after trying to stop the Kurdish party with strong arms tactics, they still got their 10%. But yes as Russians love Putin conservative Turks do love Erdogan, no doubt about that.

10. Minnows-lover

Minnows-lover Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Tiger Forces of SAA lift the 3-years long siege of Kuweires Airbase made by ISIS.

Long live SAA, long live secular Syria!

May be the aggressors and their medieval sponsors like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Erdogan defeated!

Here's a touching video from inside the base: