Mid-East News II

Discussion in 'International News' started by Ismitje, Mar 16, 2012.

1. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Probably tell them to move to France...

Umar repped this.
  2. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    "Hello, Yemeni Jews! I'm glad to meet both of you!"

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm not sure which part of your sentence is sadder, the sarcastic one or the one the real one.

4. Iranfootie

Iranfootie Member

Dec 20, 2006
  5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Yes, and they're being very silly indeed. This is not nearly without precedent. Were the senators being petulant? Yeah, probably. So is everyone feigning outrage about this.

6. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feigning outrage? This was a bullshit move by the republitards and following so closely on the heels of another bullshit move by them having Bibi address congress shows just how transparent they are. I really could care less which party did this, I would be equally outraged had the Dems done the same thing. It also annoys me that the idiots didn't even get the contents of the letter correct making them look even dumber in the eyes of the World. This whole fiasco is an embarrassment to our country.

7. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    The Dems HAVE done the same thing ("undermined" Executive foreign policy prerogatives).

Being outraged about this is, frankly, pretty stupid.

8. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I do think there is a bit of disproportionality between what the Republicans did and the reaction of the general public to that. Was it assholish move? Absolutely. But I think everyone is overreacting.
    It has been highly entertaining though. lol
    You guys should watch this guy rage. Hysterical!

9. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure they have, though I don't recall them writing a letter to another nation during the midst of negotiations with the intent to embarass the President and to scuttle those talks at the whim of another foreign leader.

Further their action is an embarrassment to the country, especially since they didn't even correctly state the Senate's role.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    "Dear Comandante"

Did they get wrong the effect an advise and consent role might have? Or did they just do it dickishly, which appears to be what most people are REALLY getting uptight about?

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Hi
    Doesnt this unilateral move by the republicans reduce their ability to get the American pubic opinion to rally against a potential deal (and hence reduce their maneuverability to scuttle it), given the negative backlash of what they did?
    Ironically it does seem that the letter has actually benefited Obama and Kerry as they look better and better in the eyes of Americans, where as GOP comes off as not only Tea Party ideologues with the intent of going into war-path with Iran, but even outright traitors (to some extent).
    The GOP really scored an own-goal.

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  12. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    For anyone still wondering about what Rand Paul had to say about the letter and why he signed, read this.

13. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps other people are uptight about it, I am mad at the idiocy of the party and how they embarrassed themselves and the country. Wholly unneccessary and just shows how disjointed our Govt. is. Sad that both parties are putting themselves ahead of the country that they are supposed to be elected to serve.

14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Do you want me to wipe your tears?

Come off it. NEITHER branch should tuck tail and go along to get along.

15. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And NEITHER branch should put party above country.Now here's a word I am certain you aren't familar with but it is one that is essential to running any large country, COMPROMISE.

16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Most ridiculous and contradictory shit Ive ever read. Strengthen the presidents hand by directly saying to Iran's hardliners that a deal signed with Obama's negotiatiors can be dismissed by the next president at the "stroke of a pen"?
    In effect discrediting the credibility and ability of the president (to an adversary no less lol) to honor the deal, given US domestic politics.

I know you're a libertarian fanboy, but be a tad objective. Rand Paul was being a mindless retard with the rest of the 45 Senators, when he signed that sheet of horse manure. lol

Umar repped this.
  17. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Asserting one's prerogatives is not "putting party above country" whatever that means in this context.

How do you know compromise won't result?

18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Dude, the article nor I said that Paul agreed with every word put to paper, just that he had his own reasons for signing on to it.

This is done literally ALL THE TIME on everything from legislation to missives to foreign leaders.

19. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah yes Dear Commandante, that was also around the time of the whole Iran-Contra deal. Dick move by the Dems to send that letter and just as wrong. Although I don't recall if that was sent during the midst of any high level negotiations with them, or if another country's leader forced them into sending it.

20. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I smell backpedaling and damage control.

21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    If you're a simpleton, yeah, sure.

22. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calling bullshit. Ever since Obama was elected, and tbf before his election, each party has voted along party lines on virtually every issue. Although since Obama it has gotten worse by the republicans. This isn't governing, this is a 2 party system out of control. And this letter, after the Bibi speech, is taking it to the next level by disrepecting the Office of the President.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Asserting one's prerogatives is not disrespecting anything.

24. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    [​IMG]