Michael Jordan elected to Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Hendrixforpope, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4045879

I thought this deserved its own thread :p

Other 'electee's' include:

David Robinson
    John Stockton
    Jerry Sloan (Jazz coach)
    C. Vivian Stringer (Rutger's women coach)

The official inductions will take place in September.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    That's a pretty strong group of inductees...

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There is so much shit in the Basketball HOF that it's about as meaningful as an Americans opinion on football. :D

4. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    anybody see his press conferance?? it sounds like MJ still thinks he can play, which I don't doubt. he's only what, 46 years old??

5. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was pretty impressive seeing them all together on the floor during halftime. Plus Bird and Magic started the game by "presenting" the official ball.

6. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    He said that he knows he can't play. He was just expressing why going into the HOF is bittersweet, because it kind of means you're "old" and he doesn't like people thinking of him as being an old guy.

7. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    about time the best player enters the hall of fame. I hope Alonzo Mourning joins the hall of fame in the years to come

8. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's no doubt that MJ is in the " Hall Of Fame. "

9. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    Pretty old thread, but I'll share one problem I had with the lead-up. Yes, Jordan was the best of all-time, but didn't John Stockton warrant a bit more press? He's the all-time leader in steals and assists by large margins and one of the best point guards in history. Not to mention that he and Karl Malone basically made the pick and roll a standard go-to play.

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I thought Stockton got some love too. His speach was 100 times better then Jordans that's for sure. MJ sounded like a bitter loser.

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    That speech was just weird. He treated his induction almost like an insult and took swings at just about everyone, whether they were in the room or not!

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's Jordan for ya. Unreal player. Obnoxious personality.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    True, I guess his personality is great if you want to want to win games and titles and less so if you want to co-habit with people in a pleasant manner. :D

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Very true. If you think Kobe was a bad teammate... he's AC Green compared with the way MJ was back in the day.

15. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sorry for gravedigging this thread but :

A. Wanted to post this cool Jordan video and not start a new thread :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_SrjKVxIo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Michael Jordan: Epic Fury![/ame]

B. I see you guys complaining why his speech was the way it was...well that's the real Michael Jordan...people always complained why Jordan was so PC during his career...well I thought it was awesome to see his true feelings come out during the HOF Speech, a true competitor and stopped at nothing to come out on top. Admire that, I do.

16. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah Mike was the guy who threw basketballs at his teammates' heads, and threw the pieces when he lost in Monopoly, and frosted the rookies because they weren't worthy, and demanded special rules from the coaches that only Michael got. A diva without a skirt.

But he also worked very hard and focused and was intelligent and all those other things that make for a sports winner. So all was forgiven.