Michael Bradley is good - sorry ditractors

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DempC, Sep 10, 2007.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    u mean 2 hit wonder since he and Adu were stars at the u17s :rolleyes:

he has talent... people all over the world see it... I will take other team's scouts over what bitter Crew fans say about Szetela

2. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not bitter at him at all. I think he's really talented. I also think he's a petulant kid who needs to prove himself somewhere other than on a youth team.

The reason he wasn't playing in Columbus was that he was injured a lot and as a result, his form was poor. As much as I wish he would have, he simply didn't play his way into the 1st team.

And for the record, I'm thrilled he got a contract in Spain. I think that Racing was a much better choice than Roma for his development. See also Adu/Benfica, Bradley/Heerveneen, Feilhaber/Derby... etc... Our guys are finding good (but not top) clubs where they can continue to develop while at the same time have a legitimate shot at earning starting time and moving up the ladder.

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    fair enough... and I agree with you... of course if he played outstanding at Columbus and moved on, I would hope you would say the same thing... regardless of his MLS form, he needs to prove himself in a Euro league if he wants to be world class...

personally, Szetela is more talented than Bradley... its good to have competition for that spot tho... well lets hope their is competition if Poppa Bradley wants that

4. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact is, the US is dealing with a glut of real talent in certain positions for the first time in its history. And we as fans aren't really used to that. Eventually that's going to lead to someone's favorite getting left out of the squad.

But I honestly don't think that favoritism can or will play a role. The stakes are too high to allow that now.

If Szetela earns a starting spot (or at least significant playing time) at Racing this season and doesn't get a call up and legitimate chance to compete with Bradley and Clark for a defensive midfielder spot on the roster, I'll be the first to call for Bradley's head.

5. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wow were going to have some good core of CDM's, and its great to see that we have this many also. Clark, Bradley, Szetela, Feilhaber, and more these guys are going to the help the US in the near future. Plus lets not forget Edu from TFC he will be a very good player, and also the kids from U-17 US teams. Good depth for the 2010 WC for the US, and I can't wait to see who will become top stars for the US come 2010.