Michael Ballack's wage at Bayern!!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I've read and been told a few times now that he is on less than 60k (Euro) a week :eek: Do any Bayern fans know if this is true? And that a sticking point in his negotiations is that he wants double that amount to stay?

If this is true - that Ballack earns 60,000 Euro a week (£41.6k)it means he is on a lower wage then not only Gary Neville but also Phil and earns a thousand or so pounds more a week than Liam Miller???? Erm, :confused: The wages we would offer such a player would apparently boggle his mind if he is indeed on such a lowly amount for being one of the best players in the world. Madness

:confused: :confused:

2. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Hey, it's not Bayern's fault that Man U choose to give over-inflated wages to Phil Neville and Liam Miller.

EDIT: 60k EURO a week, that's quite low. But I guess that is a lot in the German league considering how poor most of the clubs there are.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    You have completely missed his point.

4. skeeta

skeeta Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Central London
    Ballack earns £70,000 p/w, comfirmed by Bayern's Hoeness was the guest in a weekly sports prgramm at Bayern 3

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    That sounds more like it. Do you have a source on the net for this. Are you sure that's not inclusive of his image rights? (which we don't interfere with)

6. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear, its going to one day become my life goal to explain to people that players who come on free transfers nearly always receive high wages to offset that. :rolleyes:

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you'd have to quit your job....it would be a full time task.
    ;)

8. skeeta

skeeta Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Central London
    19th...Richest Paid Player... Michael Ballack, Bayern Munich, €6.83 million (US$8.8 million)

9. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    That list includes image rights and is why Beckham >*

It doesn't confirm anything.

10. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Ballack: "Those effing Nevilles are paid more than I am?" :eek:

11. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    And he wants to double those wages. He makes Rio's demands look reasonable.

12. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Ballack's demands open door for United

Bayern Munich's general manager Uli Hoeness has warned Michael Ballack that the club will not be held to ransom over a new contract.
    The Germany captain, who has been linked with a possible move to Real Madrid or Manchester United, only has a year left on his Bayern contract and the club are preparing to open contract negotiations with the midfielder.

They are hoping to reach an agreement during Bayern's five-day tour of Japan at the end of the week, but Hoeness revealed the club may not be able to meet Ballack's demands.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...all.html?in_article_id=357022&in_page_id=1779

----

There is no way he is currently on 70k a week stand-a-lone wage.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    how much does Ruud make?

14. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I was told it's 80 or 90k. No idea of the amount officially however.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok... I wonder if we'll actually go in w/ a bid for Ballack any time soon... there's speculation that Madrid will soon make a bid... if they persist w/ the 433 then Graveson/Ballack/Becks is viable if indeed they do show Zidane the door. We need to hurry up and bid though, since we've got this agreement w/ Madrid not to compete over the same players - if they officially launch a bid its virtually over.

16. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    The shocking thing about all this is that there was a pre-determined path <meet player and representitives in Tokyo! Then see what's up> and it actually seems as though it will come into fruition. Whether we'll land him is another matter.. these prima-donna uber stars have a mind of their own...their no agents' puppet..bah!

Who knows what goes on in the wacky world of Perez. Throwing out Zidane and playing a 4-3-3 is a dumb move for them. 4-4-2 is what they should play.

17. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When was this made? Is it a reaction to the Mafia?

Also, I wonder if we will not make a bid for Bollack for the fact that Fergie sees, supposedly, faith in Smith taking the midfield role. If Smith pans out to be 'good enough' for the Keano role, and Scholes keeps up the scoring and creativity this season; I see not a reason to buy Bollack right now instead of Andrade or some such defender.

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its nothing that's concrete... its just an understanding, and it was pre chavscum... if United and Real compete for the same players all they will do is drive prices through the roof, they'd rather just play finders keepers and not interfere with the other's negotiations with the idea that if they both have 10 players targeted and sign only 3 due to negotiations/other clubs its better that way than signing the 1 you really really want and ending up paying for the cost of 3 of the players on your list, which is what would happen if prior to Glazer, United got into a bidding war w/ Real.

19. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Ballack would take Fletcher's position or Scholes' not Keano. Ballack scores goals and is very dangerous going forward. You don't want him playing DM.

20. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see what you are saying, but I just don't see the usefulness. Don't get me wrong, great player, but Paul Goals still has some left in him if we get some new defense back behind him in the midfield.

Now that I think about it some more; could move to a 4-3-3 with Scholes, Ballack, and Keano/Smith. But is that too much offense and not enough balance I ask.

21. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    The key to winning championships apart from the obvious (winning games, solid backline, strikers scoring goals) is your midfield chipping in with goals. It is something that has faded from our game over the last few years and will not change with Fletch' in there. Ballack gets you 10-15(maybe even 20goals) from midfield! That's a huge total and his threat frees up the strikers, Scholes and the wingmen.

He'd be the best player we have on corners and taking FK's as well. There is plenty of need for a player like this. Fletcher is a willing runner and a developing player but he can't offer what Ballack does and may never do so.

22. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that the player most likely to be replaced by Ballack in the 4-3-3 would be Scholes. With Keane and Fletch behind him, Ballack could take a more advanced position that would make use of his skills. I agree that Ballack/Keane/Scholes or Ballack/Keane/Giggs would be too lightweight.

23. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    You have to understand that Ballack can defend, well.. the problem is getting him to do so. He complained and cajouled Leverkusen to release of defensive duties because 'he doesn't like them' rofl. If you can tap into that ego..Ballack is an adimirable all -round midfield talent. He definitely has the ability to play and succeed in a midfeild of Keane and Scholes...if he can be bothered..

24. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

how much would that be in US dollars? im supposing around $90,000? im not good with Euro currency

25. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    $72,000