Michael Arroyo

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by ecua_toriano, May 25, 2010.

1. ecua_toriano

ecua_toriano Member

May 18, 2006
    QUITO, ECUADOR
    Club:
    Deportivo Quito
    According to fan reports from Mexico, San Luis is getting ready to make a $2M bid for the best player currently in the Seria A. Their scouts were seen in Ambato watching the D.Quito vs Macara game on Sunday.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    interesting how only mexican teams show their interest for arroyo and miller bolanos. Arroyo is the best in his position without a doubt. And we already saw what Miller could do last year in the Copa Sudamericana and the local tournament. I think they should considering staying in ecuador until they get better offers. I don't think they are ready for a top european league though.

Atleast go to a better club than san luis ARROYO!! damn!

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Ecuatorianos en el exterior

Michael Arroyo is officially a San Luis player. That team has no idea the gem they just purchased. He will murder the mexican league. Smart move by San Luis but i think Arroyo could have done better. but atleast he'll be making good money.

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Re: Ecuatorianos en el exterior

Nice...I saw the guy play against Mexico, was the only positive thing from that game.

5. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    san luis is getting some money they just paid about 2 millions for a peruvian striker wilmer aguirre

6. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Get these two players out of Ecuador NOW. make your money and go!!!! the Mexicans are suckers!! With their background and pass history. No way in hell I'll ever hire these players. These two players can't handle Guayaquil. its going to be funny as hell to see how the same two players handle Mexico where the nightlife, Women and fame is 1000X times more. Anyone willing to Bet???

7. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    But at the same time he's not going to be with his old friends who might have a negative influence on him. He can start out fresh and be smart about his future, but all this depends on how he acts. If he matures then the move for mexico will be great for him.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's where we'll test their maturity. i hope they know it's taken hard work for them to pick themselves up from where they left off after their past troubles and that they were still kids when that bullsh*t happened. well atleast one of them was...Miller was 17. I hope and I want to assume they've both matured since then.

I'm expecting more from Miller if he goes to Pachuca b/c he's leaving Liga's institution and the bad experiences his brother had should be an example of what he should stay away from.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I have to say Mexico remains the only place where our players have consistently been able to perform. The level is obviously not the same as top European leagues, but frankly I'd rather him in Mexico than in Serbia or Switzerland or some league that is not any better.

10. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It doesn't really matter if they mature or not. Sell them quick and start working on the next group of kids. Not one of them is going to take the place of Valencia or Montero within the next 8 years.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i guess that's true. i still haven't seen someone who can top those two.

but that still doesn't mean Arroyo and Miller won't be useful to the NT. that's still an unknown.

12. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Arroy is an Emelec wuapo jajaja le dicen la WAPEZA jajajajaja q dioses he makes some really good plays though especially in the Mexico game I was impressed by far our best player just needs some work on crossing...... Mexico will be good for him he'll learn the things like crossing and doing the simple things(he already does the moves right). Against S.K. he was not pour either.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Michael Arroyo, I temporarily hate you for missing that shot against Barcelona.

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That was a terrible penalty miss. Worse than Baggio's.

15. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He is starting to mess up. Wasn't he going to play for a team in Mexico? What happened?

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    San Luis

and i think he's still going but D.Quito wants him to stay until this current season is over (3 games away).

17. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You think or you know. Which one is it?

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    think so

there were some obstacles...something about D.Quito not wanting to let him go for so cheap. They were letting him go for less than 1.5 mil THATS INSANE. They're reconsidering the price now or some bs like that and they also wanted him to stay longer til these last 3 games are over.

19. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think given the proper guidance, M. Arroyo is right now or could get better than C. Benitez. M. Arroyo is effective and a fighter. I enjoy the way he plays. Not only because he was in Emelec. He has come a long way since then. Good for him.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    For those of you that wanna know if Michael Arroyo is still gonna join San Luis...it's actually happenning sooner than we'd think. Good luck to Arroyo, he's gonna own that mexican league.

El talentoso enganche guayaquileño podría dejar las filas del equipo de la Plaza del Teatro mucho antes de lo pensado. La información obtenida por Reinaldo Romero de Radio La Red, apunta a que tendría las horas contadas en la Akd.

A pesar de que la directiva de Sociedad Deportivo Quito manifestó que la propuesta del San Luis mexicano por el traspaso de Michael Arroyo no la convencía, el amo y señor de la gambeta en la escuadra azulgrana estaría muy cerca de concretar su llegada al fútbol azteca.

Es uno de los jugadores predilectos de Rubén Darío Insúa y una de las figuras inamovibles en la ofensiva chulla. Derrochando talento en la gran final del año pasado ante Deportivo Cuenca, fue uno de los héroes que consiguieron el Bicampeonato de Deportivo Quito.

En las últimas jornadas no le ha ido tan bien. En el duelo del sábado pasado contra Liga Deportiva Universitaria fue expulsado y esto habría acelerado su viaje hacia territorio mexicano. Esto de acuerdo a lo expresado por Reinaldo Romero en Radio La Red.

Existe la posibilidad de que Arroyo viaje mañana mismo rumbo a México, para ultimar detalles con los dirigentes de San Luis y finiquitar su transferencia. Los días del Fantasista en la Akd habrían llegado a su fin.

www.futbolecuador.com

21. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is he still in D. Quito or will he go to Mexico to play?

22. ldu7

ldu7 New Member

Dec 21, 2009
    queens new york
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He is already in mexico. In my opinion going to mexico is a waste of talent. The mexican league isn't looked at very well by europe. Mexican players often fail in the Premier league. I dont know why people see the mexican league as a step up. The Brazilian and argentinian leagues are tougher.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There aren't many Ecuadorians that get consistent minutes in Brazil, though.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i honestly don't see it as a huge step up as far as the futbol thats displayed on the field...but as far as money and having better possibilities of being looked at by European clubs, it's a good step up and it's undeniable. Plus i'd rather see players like Guerron playing in America (a team he claims to have an offer from) then see him sign with Atletico Paranaense. He's a complete moron who hates himself if he stays in Brazil.

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he's been training already with San Luis for a week or two buddy. he left a while ago.