Miami Stadium

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by alexp92, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this Japanese gem, too. I only wonder if the roof could withstand a Cat 3 'cane or higher. It's very eye catching, but it looks like a wind catching airfoil. I don't think that would be all that good, unfortunately. For all that I think this one would look very nice sitting by Biscayne Bay. A very nice sight for the cruise ship passengers to see as they sail into Port of Miami, as well as the locals & tourists coming to Miami from South Beach.

I suggest that everyone check this site. The number of stadiums of all sizes, but especially in the 15K to 25K range that MLS likes, that have been built worldwide in the last decade or so is remarkable. Many of them would fit into any MLS city quite nicely.

2. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's something that's funky:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aveiro Municipal Stadium, Portugal. Capacity 30,678.

3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funky and good, too. Team colors to be used on the roof, of course.

4. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funky and good, too. Team colors to be used on the trim & roof, of course. Is the roof solid or is it canvas/nylon?

A very colorful, different building that could be a winner in tropical, latin Miami...:cool:

5. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it looks translucent from under in the first pic, so...I dunno really.

6. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUMP

Keeping it in sight to help keep the dream alive....:)

7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL true my friend. Maybe they should make a mini Camp Nou, what ever happen to the Miami Arena sight? I go to school in the downtown campus and saw the Miami Arena spot empty. What would would you guys think if they built the stadium there? I mean parking shouldn't be a problem with the Metro Rail right next to it, and the fans should come flocking through with the transportation system right there. What you guys think.:D

8. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if a soccer stadium could fit there without buying additional adjacent land, but if they could I like the site. I would prefer Bicentennial Park tough, but I think it's gonna end up being the OB site regardless of what happens. The Marlins have a website for the new ballpark now(no renderings yet) and it says the baseball stadium will only occupy half of the site, and considering a good chunk of the parking will be in a garage, a SSS should easily fit on the site as well down the line.

9. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Whats the site? I want to view.....

10. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.marlinsnewballpark.com/

I personally can't wait for them to release the renderings of what it will look like.

11. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well since Chile's Bielsa already put a negative view on our FIU stadium, are they going to build a stadium for Atletico Miami? Because if Henry was to com here and play, do you think he would play on turf and risk injury? I hope they can build a stadium, especially in a site that can be all for the SSS, like the Miami Arena old site, maybe they could build it there? I mean they have public transportation and parking wont be a problem for anybody with the lots in downtown.

12. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, I don't think his words will have much impact. Lots of stadiums in our confederation have FieldTurf and it is FIFA approved.

13. loco25

loco25 New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Miami will play at FIU for 3-4 years. They have said they will built a stadium. FIU will be fine. Grass or field turf. Maybe Miami FCB will put grass when they will begin to play in 2010.

14. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, i guess that is true. No Worries here then

15. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I went to the FIU last August but I saw a small field of soccer with some benches where the people seat, I think that is not the stadium right? what about the Lockhart?

16. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a practice field what you saw.

This is the FIU stadium.

[​IMG]

19. FIUPantherFan

FIUPantherFan Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, what he saw was FIU's soccer field. It seats about 2,500 and it is in bad need of an upgrade. I think at the end of the day one of the benefits of having this MLS team at FIU would be some help in improving FIU's soccer facilities. FIU was a national soccer power in DII and in 1996 we even got to the NCAA DI Championship vs. St. John's. However, the facilities have not kept up and a couple of years ago, there was talk of folding the program, but the FIU community was pretty outraged that the Athletic Department would consider it and it caused significant backlash. For some background, the FIU Soccer Field pitch is natural grass. As far as FIU Stadium ever being grass, that's not going to happen, FIU Football practices on that field daily during the season and there are also some high school football games that are hosted on it. You would be playing on grass for all of a month before the grass on the playing surface became dirt and mud from the field being used so much. I've actually wondered why they couldn't use a moveable field, where you set a base on the turf and then a small platform (6 inches off the ground) and set up a natural grass pitch on the platform. The platform could be moved in quadrants and when not in use it could be set up at the Soccer Field. I don't even know if that's feasable, but it would solve everyones problem.

20. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is no mistaking that BiCentennial Park is the ideal place for both the Marlins Stadium and a possible SSS.

Unfortunately, I have been in communication with Mayor Manny Diaz and his feeling is that we (in Miami) need more GREEN areas. He wants Museum Park and is totally opposed to any kind of large structure on BiCenPark blocking the water views from Biscayne Blvd...

Former Miami Arena/Land is owned by Glenn Straub (Palm Beach Investor). He had intended to trade that site for the Orange Bowl site at one point. He also said he wanted the Baseball stadium built on his land, but MLB said the site was too small. It may be too small for a 38,000 seat retractable roof baseball stadium but the site may be perfect for a 18,000-20,000 seat SSS.

There are rumors that Mr. Straub may or may not have had money invested with Madoff which could hinder his plans of developing the land around the downed Miami Arena.

Orange Bowl Site... Miami Arena Site... Bicentennial Park... Who cares... Build a SSS and the Marlins their Home!

21. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've thought that myself. However, wouldn't it be easier to grow the grass pitch in the stadium and put the turf on top of that? The Field Turf would be a lot easier to move around than grass I assume. When FIU practices have the turf at an adjacent site, and for games move it in to the stadium. There really is no need to practice in the stadium. And to convince FIU to implement a system like this, FCB/Claure can pay for the costs of the grounds crew and moving the field.

22. FIUPantherFan

FIUPantherFan Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either way (whichever is easier and more cost effective) if it can be done, someone should consider it. I agree that the team would have to bear the cost of it happening though, right now, FIU is building the field house in the West End zone. Just a thought, not saying it will happen.

23. FIUPantherFan

FIUPantherFan Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are new sketches for the Marlins stadium up in the Miami Herald.

[​IMG]

24. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outstanding looking Ball Park! I can't wait to see the Fish play there.

One problem, though. The site rendering has Marlins Ballpark and it's surrounding parking garages taking up all available acreage. There's no SSS in sight anywhere, and, no room for one. Where will they be spending the $5,000,000 that has been set aside for the SSS? It's been established that Bicentennial Park is untouchable green space, so that's out of the question. Or is this just a rendering to give us an idea of the "look" of Marlins Ballpark and not something definitive?

25. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Im saying that if they did forget the SSS, they have the empty spot in Downtown where the Miami Arena used to stand and it is not that big, I guess it has enough room for the 20k to 35K seat stadium that Garber is looking for, and there is alot of transportation for the fans that don't have a ride to the games, the metro-rail is across the street, you would have fans coming from all over Miami, and for the fans from Broward and Palm Beach, anybody that has lived or been in Miami knows that there is plenty of affordable parking in the downtown area. My .02 cents.