Miami MLS And Baseball

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Red Card, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of the Marlins. How will Beckham compete against the Marlins who like to give out free tickets? How popular was their "free Thursday" for seniors 55+ ?

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You trolling?

Marlins is the worst franchise, in the world, the worst.

Im sure there will be more fans of Miami MLS than Marlins fans, without a doubt. Soccer has grown so much since the 90's baseball is slowly declining. America's pastime should be american football, not baseball. then basketball, then soccer then the rest NHL, then baseball, badmington, etc.

3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not necessarily. I am a fan of both soccer & baseball. I can enjoy a full 90 minutes or 9 innings. They are both beguiling in their own way.

I have neighbors that think soccer is a total waste of time. One went to a game with me and left at half time because it was so boring. He is a Cincinnati Reds fan and goes to every game they play at Marlins stadium. Says he finds that sport much more interesting. Soccer is just a bunch of guys running around in their underwear and long socks kicking a ball at random. Baseball is not declining for him.

That comment reminded me of an article Thomas Rongen wrote for the Miami Herald in the '80s when yet another team and league failed in the USA. He said that nobody really dislikes the sport of soccer. They either love it or don't understand it. He got that right.

The same goes for baseball. If you have played it or been exposed to it with an open mind it is as interesting and attention grabbing as anything else there is. To know it is to love it.

The town of Miami went wild for the Marlins in 1997 and 2003 when they won it all. The love affair has dimmed since the current owner took over. We can agree that he is, by far, the worst team owner in any sport in the USA. If ever that changes and the Marlins actually do become a contender you will find that a ticket to their games will be held in high regard, just as tickets to a Dolphin game were once upon a time the in thing to have.

I have no doubt that Mr Beckham's thing will be the thing to go to. I only hope he can keep it in the upper levels of MLS on a continuing basis. If he does not do that I fear that team will be as unpopular as all the other teams in SoFl.

The point here is this: support all things in the 305 (and/or the 954 and points north) because anything/sport that shines here is a positive. Even if that thing may be something that is not to your taste.

Keep your sunny side up, child.....;-)

aetraxx7 repped this.
  4. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I very much understand baseball, my father actually only gave me two options to play when i was young i chose soccer, baseball is actually the second sport in my families city of barranquilla.

The only reason i dislike it so much, is because that atrocity stole that beautiful site that should be the ornage bowl right now they could have even shared it with the dolphins and the new Miami MLs team.

But no crooked politicians, who like baseball got what they want and frankly it is a waste a space, i was there when they won both championships, and intried so hard to be a fan thenfirst 2 years they became Miami Marlins.

But ownership and that douchebag samson have ********ed things up for the team and the city of miami. I cant watch a sport if i do not have a team to follow,i refuse to keep givin thise assholes money.

5. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Just to clarify, the Marlins won the 2003 World Series with their current owner - Jeffrey Loria - at the helm of the franchise. He purchased the team in February of 2002.

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Antique, long time no see. What you think of Miami now? We have an NASL team and an MLS team coming to town. Remember when you said Miami will not get a team anytime soon? We got two. I am very excited to have a team of our own for each county. Miami FC and the Strikers, Antque you said that two teams would not work, but I am telling you it will. This is a rivalry that would be like no other. Like I said a Boca vs River type rivalry, it will be fun. Cant wait to see you at the tailgates again, maybe I take another bottle of aguardiente and we take a shot for the beginning of a beautiful rivalry and the beginning of soccer in Miami.

Its crazy how there was only the Strikers back in the day, and now we have Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Strikers, Miami FC & Miami MLS. I dont see why all these teams should do a Florida cup every year for a tournament.