Miami Dolphins 2005

Discussion in 'Football' started by hala-cosmos, Jul 25, 2005.

1. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    anybody else up for celebrating our new tradition of mediocrity? let's pine for the good old days together!

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we always have the canes (my fav team in the world) if the fins lose :)

this summer im going to bcc so im right next to nova, so i may go to a practice this or next week.

i am excited that ricky is back. i never thought he was that good (except for one season), but he will be a good addition to backup or team up with brown.

3. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    never thought he was that good? what didn't convince you, his 90 yard run against the bills? his combined 3,300 yards rushing as a dolphin? dude was the next jim brown until he quit to smoke up. I wouldn't think he'll get back to those numbers this year, of course, but the way he ran was more instinctual than anything, and hopefully he hasn't lost much of that.

doesnt matter, we'll play him for a year and deal him to some scum like the raiders.

i'm really looking foward to seeing ronnie brown develop, though. he's got a bright future.

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can't do it without a good line (most of the time). Also he is a pounder like Eddie George (except for his one great year), so I don't think he will be good for long.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and think he is good, but overrated.

5. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    eh, he can be a pounder when he wants to be, as he's demonstrated many times, but it seemed to me like he really evolved as a back the year he led in rushing, he really got in and out of his cuts quick as all h#ll, made his own space, and just generally juked kids left and right. he doesnt have the outright size to be a true bruiser, i.e. Bettis, but he can lay guys out at the line when he needs to. He's gonna need to be a bit quicker this year unless he puts on some size. He should have time to do that though, with the suspension and all.

overall im pretty excited to see what saban brings to this team. guys like JT and Zach have probobly been dying for someone to come along and force the work ethic they already have into the rest of the team. I love the fact that guys are crying in practice. kick their a$$, saban, they deserve it.

Obviously phins arent going to win much of anything this year, but i'll settle for some good team development and some late season spoiler wins over the bills jets or pats.

how are the canes looking this year? I grew up in Miami and ive always been a fan, esp. now that they are in the ACC (moved to NC from Miami). I didnt go to school there, so my fandom has dropped off a little bit, but i'm always up for watching them tear up FSU, UF, and especially love trash talking before they play Carolina, NC State, and other ACC teams.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

in response to your first paragraph, some on the am radio (760 i think) said in the 1st day or two he was being very elusive, juking, breaking big runs through the middle and outside, etc. so i guess you are winning the argument, which is good for me and all fins.

i am excited about saban as well.

as for the canes, i dont really know. moss looks like he will be awesome, and i think willy williams will play this year, but i dont know much about them. i live in gainesville (save for the summer) now, so its hard to follow. ill start reading up more on herald.com.

7. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he (Rickky) would have shown better face if he came out in public and said he needed a serious sabatical. Planning and not announcing it till 1 week before opening day was the worst. Its how it all played out that made it real ugly. Just think of how many people he negatively affected last season because of his poor planning.

Now, is he coming back cause he owes the Dolphins 7+ million or because he wants to play football? If its just to pay back the money, I don't think we need any dead weight. I hope they can trade him ASAP to get something worthwhile.

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm gonna check out one of the practices this week. hope it is fun.

9. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    booty--

let us know how it went...

10. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    all true.

Still, it's a good situation for the dolhpins regardless, even if they end up keeping him for the next season. let ronnie brown develop and learn this year, split the responsibilities. keep ricky around unless they can really get something good for him and use him as a backup. That way Ronnie will be injury-free and ready for our super-bowl run in 2008.

11. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am actually confident in all aspects of the team except for qb. god damn i hate feeley and berlin, even if he is the 4th qb. hopefully ferrotte can do it, but idk. i'd be more optimistic if rosenthal was the man.

12. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    R U serious?

13. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes. many ppl inside have believed that he was the best over the last few years, but couldnt be given a chance cuz of his low salary. i dont think he ever got a chance with the 1st team until last year, but i dont recall what happened in those games.

14. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't recall! He was so bad they had to put the injured Fieldler back in.
    Rosenthal was not impressive.

What we need is to trade Ricky to the Niners for guess who?
    (the niners can trade Ricky to the Raiders for whatever)

Yep, let bring him back to South Florida as a pro this time.
    KD is the man for the MD and he will bring us the SBC.

15. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003

you guys mean sage rosenfels, not rosenthal, right?

Dorsey? are you kidding?

he's got guts and leadership ability, i'll give him that, but he has no arm at all.
    we need an arm to really use Chambers' speed.

anyway, if we're gonna trade for a QB, let's make it phillip rivers! (which would never happen, but anyway)

asta, did you get to check out a practice this week?

16. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Fins!

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rosenfels has been better than Feely as I have thought he woulde be, but Ferrotte has been the best.

18. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Asta,quieres a un agente de jugadores como el qb de los Dolphins? Gotcha :p

19. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    I screwed it up too..thats rosenhaus not rosenthal lol.

20. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Stupidazz wanny held Sage back.It looks like Tim is getting off the couch.

21. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    d@mn, all i can say is so far it looks like it will be another long season.

22. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep!

Did you watch any of the other pre-season games for other team on TV? None of them really caught my interest. BORING!

I guess that's pre-season.

23. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    We had 8 fumbles and lost 7 . :mad:

24. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Saban knew the oline sucked and didnt do much to improve it.Houck may be a good coach but with wimpies like mckinney we arent going anywhere.

25. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Ricky forgets the playbook at the hotel lol.