Mia Hamm on the cover of this week Sports Illustrated

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Frank Cunha, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Somebody said to me "Hope this doesn't jinx her". I said - thinking of the WUSA - "It already did". BTW, I haven't read my SA yet, but I noticed that didn't even pick the USA to be one of the finalists!

3. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this on my supervisor's desk and was surprised.

First thing I thought of was "Where was that thread on how many soccer covers SI has had?" And that soccer was already on a path this decade to well outdo previous decades.

Maybe, after reading the article over lunch, I'll have some time to dig up that thread.

4. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    If you get a chance, read the article. Its one of the best I've read in SI in a while, and that's saying something. (apologies to Grant Wahl)

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Great article. Mia's parents sounds like fascinating characters and their daughter is a very complex person. Written in a very weird style, but very revealing.

Probably drove Mia crazy reading it.

Hope she remains happy with Nomar and pops out a bunch of little male Mias in time for the 2028 World Cup. :)

6. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    It was a great article. I was walking through the bookstore and it just kind of jumped out at me. I was extremely surprised to see an article on her for some reason.