MFO vs. Stony Brook University Athletic FO

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by copaantl98, Nov 6, 2004.

1. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Looks like we have competition. "The Pack" is a membership program in Stony Brook similar to a MetroMember. Students pay $10 and receive free stuff and a membership card to get discounts at certain stores. Apparently there was a conflict with a store that's supposed to give discounts from that card. So I emailed the marketing and communications dept. of Stony Brook athletics of the problem. The exact response I got back from them was this:

"why don't you use your energy to attend a game or two and supporting the athletic program rather than sending out emails to complain about your precious $10."

We all know about the incompetant MFO. Curiously, has anyone ever gotten any type of response from the MFO in this tone? Has it ever gotten this bad from them? If so, anyone care to share it?

PS

Covering men's and women's soccer for the school paper and being a soccer commentator for the TV station, there was no way I was going to take that crap. The greatest moment was marching up to the marketing office.The dude, who has a high position, that wrote the e-mail was completely shocked that I went to the office. His whole face turned red in front of his bossed and he apologized and whined like a 5-yr old.

2. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    No never have but they better not or someone would get an ass whoopin, but um good job on confronting those people at your school, it sometiems amazes me the type of people that are behind these offices...

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    You should have photocopied 5000 pages of $ 10 bills, rolled them into a ball, and dumped them on his desk.

4. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Now you tell me. :)

5. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    I think they have to be enlarged or reduced to avoid legal problems!

6. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
  7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    HaHa!

I hope you're missing class for this trip !! :)

8. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Hell yeah. Missing a 3-hr Environmental Law lecture.

9. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    RIGHT ON!!!, road trip!, whatya gonna do stay there and learn?